Coopers Community

james squire. craft beers or not?

the villain

so i was bored waiting in the qantas lounge for my next flight to work have a JS and noticed it was brewed by the malt shovel brewery, id never heard of them specifically so i googled it up and i find that its actually owned by mega-swiller lion nathan, who in turn is owned by mega-mega-swillers kirin.

so that got me wondering, are the james squire selection of beers, actually "craft" beers, or are they just flavoursome beers packaged to appear crafted?

i felt mildly peeved once id found out who actually owns who, not that it matters as such but it defiantly changed my perception of the JS beers after the fact,

also lion also owns little creatures, but i wouldnt really call them craft beers at all. maybe boutique perhaps.

thoughts?

I agree with Ben on this one. What is craft beer these days anyways? unsure

To me it's more about what constitutes & is worthy of the name "beer". 'Craft' or 'Boutique' or 'Imported' etc.. I don't care what tag you give it, just give it some damn flavour! Whether that come from the malt, or the hops, or the yeast.

These megaswill, fizzy, off coloured water drinks are IMO, not beer at all! They are a joke is all they are.

I'd rather drink Mexican tap water than that crap, it'd probably have more flavour! (albeit from dirt! lol )

Sorry for the rant. I can't help it when people raise this topic each time. innocent

P.S. I most certainly do still class the JS range as craft beers. They have flavour. wink

Lusty.

Ducks.....Ducks, who mentioned Ducks......annoyed

No new ROTM yet, stop making trouble Sir Lusty. rolleyes

There is Beer and there is a pretender. tongue

any other name came from "marketing" and "advertising agency's", the sell puppets of physiologically manipulative bollocks, aimed at the marching morons of a doped neo fascist capitalist society. devil

Hey Hairy I'm not bitter or twisted either. whistling

Cheers.

I think I like the beer vs. megaswill distinction that Benzo suggested too. If it doesn't compromise flavour then it's beer, if it's watery but has a mass marketing machine telling you how great it is then it's megaswill.

IMO Jasmes Squire is is flavoursome and thus falls into the former category.

Archived