Coopers Community

Need a new NTP Server Pool

antiphile

it's probably just me, and it usually is, because the plants I've been eating in Brunhilda's backyard are making me feel very dizzy and hungry, however I'm told us cute puppies are meant to test our new owner's patience. But it looks as though either this iPad needs replacement, or Coopers need to find a new clock to sync with.

Now, where are her new shoes?

Lusty: I am incredibly cute, but I've been telling you that for well over a year! But I have no idea what I am, mum got the photo somewhere off the internet. annoyed

Hey Paragon of Virtue:

More important things to do than talk about making beer

Go and stand in the corner with that round pointy hat on and stay there until Mr Lustful tells you you're allowed to come out! Geesh.

Is it time for breakfast' date=' or have I already had it today? [img']unsure[/img]

I'll just have a few ales end on end. That usually helps align myself to shifts in time zones! lol

biggrin

ROTM Mosaic Amber Ale is going down a treat atm actually. happy

Lusty.

Man you turn them around fast, could've swore that you only brewed that three weeks ago. Or was it 3 months ago, with this time warp that we're in who'd know.

Man you turn them around fast' date=' could've swore that you only brewed that three weeks ago. Or was it 3 months ago, with this time warp that we're in who'd know.[/quote']

You are right Scottie. I am drinking them a little young. To be honest, I do need a few more kegs. 3-4 more would be ideal I reckon.

If anyone would like to contribute to the "Lusty Needs A Few More Kegs" fund don't be shy about expressing your interest. lol

To be fair, I was one of the first to get last months ROTM down. From my records it is currently at approx. 4+ weeks aged. As I've mentioned a few times over a couple of threads, if you want the hop character to be more forward, then drinking it earlier (not ridiculously early) will heighten their tones in the taste of the beer.

With a lot of my more hop forward brews I will admit they drink really well in the 6-12 week mark as the malt character begins to develop & compliment the forward hop flavours. I find after 12 weeks I start to experience a gradual hop character drop-off.

That is by no means a bad thing, but for a hop-a-holic like myself, it is noticeable.

I may end up developing beers on time-frames around using one of these bad boys...

Randall 3.0 biggrin

Cheers,

Lusty.

As you've already guessed, Paulus, I'm a little slow. OK, I'm an idiot without being a savant. If it helps the geeks I've worked out the timestamp issue. It's reverted to UTC time (which is the same as GMT when the northern hemisphere isn't in daylight saving months).

The easiest way for them to diagnose whether the code in the forum is at fault or whether the web server(s) is/are at fault is to get them to look at the Apache logs and see whether the timestamps on the logs are also incorrect.

Cheers, you big nasty man! ;)

I may end up developing beers on time-frames around using one of these bad boys...

Randall 3.0 biggrin

Cheers' date='

Lusty.[/size']

G'day lusty

I've seen these that have been made from the water filter canisters that have the filter element taken out and replaced with a tube that has a heap of holes drilled through it.

They used one on Dark Horse Nation to infuse a beer with bacon!

Cheers

Heya Brownsworthy.

Randall 3.0 biggrin

Cheers' date='

Lusty.[/size']

G'day lusty

I've seen these that have been made from the water filter canisters that have the filter element taken out and replaced with a tube that has a heap of holes drilled through it.

They used one on Dark Horse Nation to infuse a beer with bacon!

You're spot on about the filter canisters being used for the Randall. I actually noticed the similarities to them whilst doing a bit of online browsing on a homebrew website a year or so ago. A damn side cheaper to convert them than buy the Randall.

I think the premise of the Randall is as you say with the first chamber. Hops stuffed into it with holes to allow the beer out etc. The Randall has a second chamber that I believe operates as a normal filter to remove the hop leaf debris that transfers over (Maybe?) unsure

I haven't actually seen the setup in person as yet, but as I have the next two weeks off on annual leave, I might slip down to "Brew Boys" & check out their Randall setup, & have a pint from it while I'm there.

Their 7.0%ABV "Hoppapotamus" Pale Ale looks inviting. wink

Our ol' forum mate Philbo told me about this place sometime ago, so it's about time I went down & checked it out for myself.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived