Coopers Community

New Coopers DIY Beer iPhone App

18 hours ago, Chil said:

Well Here we are in 2020

still no sign of an updated or android version of the app ?

Please bite the bullet and announce its death,

Oh and please Update the You tube / new user videos to Remove references to the app.

Screenshot (25).png

Hey mate, you are right we retired the Coopers DIY Beer App as it was not being used by many of our brewers. We actually planned to record new how to videos very soon, but social distancing measures have put this project on hold. 🙄 Rest assured it's at the top of our list once we can get to it. 🍺 Cheers, Coopers DIY Team #ripdiyapp 

• Like 3

On 4/6/2020 at 3:56 PM, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Hey mate, you are right we retired the Coopers DIY Beer App as it was not being used by many of our brewers. We actually planned to record new how to videos very soon, but social distancing measures have put this project on hold. 🙄 Rest assured it's at the top of our list once we can get to it. 🍺 Cheers, Coopers DIY Team #ripdiyapp 

I'd take a guess you released the app for the wrong platform. I'm curious as to how many home brewers use Apple as their choice? My impression is, given their 'DIY' attitude they may be majority Android users.

If you've read 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance,' Apple users are Romantics and Windows/Android are Classicals. I'd hazard most HB'ers are Classicals.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Brewers Of all levels use apps like Beersmith, Brewfather, Grainfather and so on. 

This app has never been on the Australian iPhone App Store so there’s no difference between platforms as both get no love here. 

Do yourself a favor and find an alternative as this app is Ronda and Ketut!  🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone reommend a decent app?

I used to use the coopers app and thought i was going mad when i couldn't find it again until i read this thread. I am now using the 'Brew tracker' app but it is sadly lacking some basic functionality. Ideally I would like to add the ability to go back and edit my brews but it doesn't allow it for some reason.

My version of Brew Tracker allows me to edit the brew. Click on the brew name and click on Edit (top right).

It has very limited functionality, but it is handy for going back to check on the notes you made, back in the day.

I have the Grainfather app, but it is suited to that brewing system.  I have Beersmith, but I don't use it much. 

• Like 1

I have both beersmith and brewfather i prefer brewfather. The free version gives you 10 recipes and all the tools and calculators you will need. $20 usd per year gives you premium membership.