Coopers Community

Uh-oh, the Yanks are on to us.

ICzed

Looks good but what a shabby name.

G'day Ben' date=' but they'er only Yanks, with their nomenclature history and their knowledge and understanding of all things Australian, well I'll say no more....[img']whistling[/img]

They could have named it, Outback, Down Under or Aussie pronounced (Ossy)? sleeping

Oh Oh what about Emoo, oops, Emu, oh, that could be a copyright issue???? unsure

The beer could still taste alright ? wink

Cheers.

Looks good but what a shabby name.

G'day Ben' date=' but they'er only Yanks, with their nomenclature history and their knowledge and understanding of all things Australian, well I'll say no more....[img']whistling[/img]

They could have named it, Outback, Down Under or Aussie pronounced (Ossy)? sleeping

Oh Oh what about Emoo, oops, Emu, oh, that could be a copyright issue???? unsure

The beer could still taste alright ? wink

Cheers.

A better name might be "Sepo Ale"

Being Sierra Nevada it most likely tastes great. All their other beers I've tried have been. Will be keeping an eye out for sure. Halfway through a carton of their 2013 southern hemisphere harvest ale currently. Picked it up at Dan's for well cheap. It's not sessionable but is a nice beer.

Heading out tonight for a few Sierra pales on tap too. Should be good!

Cheers

Kelsey

Halfway through a carton of their 2013 southern hemisphere harvest ale currently. Picked it up at Dan's for well cheap. It's not sessionable but is a nice beer.

Heading out tonight for a few Sierra pales on tap too. Should be good!

Mmm the Northern & Southern Hemisphere ales are really good. I've had a fair few different SN brews lately - Ruthless Rye IPA, Bigfoot Barleywine, Torpedo IPA, Celebration Ale - and I think they've ruined the Pale Ale for me. Now when I drink the Pale Ale I find it a bit 'meh', or maybe it's all the other really good Pale Ales I've been drinking. Will have to try and track it down on tap though for sure.

I'd really like to try their "Snow Wit" too which is a White IPA with experimental dwarf hops, wheat & Belgian yeast.

I haven't been able to find those as yet except Torpedo.. me and the missus hang out at a bar in the Valley (Brisbane) called Greaser sometimes, that's where I've found SN pale on tap. It's always on tap there with a couple of others that change periodically. They have a few SN brews in the fridge too that I haven't seen in bottle shops anywhere.

It's not somewhere you'd go to try new beers necessarily, although I have found some there I haven't had before, but certainly enough real craft beer on the menu to not have to settle for some type of megaswill.

Hey mate, I just had to look up Greaser because I'd never heard of the place - it looks like a good pub.

If you ever find yourself in West End pop into Archive which is across the road from the Hi-Fi and they have a take away bottle shop in the back. That's where I've found most of my SN beers.

Archive - Next Door Cellars - Sierra Nevada

Absolutely perfect timing' date=' guys. I have to drop in to get some S/S fittings from a guy at Coorparoo tomorrow morning, and from my dim memory from years ago, West End isn't too far away.

Thanks Mark & Otto[/quote']

Yep P2, down to Stanley St passed the Gabba, on passed the Marter hospital on to Vulture St and your at the West End. wink

Cheers.

Archived