Coopers Community

Coopers Best Extra Stout

IanM28

Hi - not normally a stout drinker but in a desire to try something different I purchased a carton of Coppers best extra stout. I normally drink mid strength and this is about double the alcohol but it is a very enjoyable beer if you just stick to one or 2 (or maybe 3). One of the best beers I have ever tried off the shelf. Very nice - you will not be disappointed.

• 2 months later...

So, I ducked up the shops for some milk, side-stepped into the bottle shop and bought my self a longneck of Coopers Best Extra Stout.

It's black.

Its very tasty.

It's smoooooth.

Has tastes of chocolate, coffee, roastedness, malty, even some hoppiness in there.

The alcohol is hidden in there somewhere, can't taste it.

Makes you want to to drink it with some quality, rich food.

YUM

Guzz

Just reading up on the Coppers Best Extra Stout, I came across this, which I found interesting...

"After the fermentation, a special

technique of natural conditioning

the same strain of yeast used for

the primary fermentation is used

and added to the beer prior to it

being packed into bottles or kegs

using state of the art equipment.

A secondary fermentation and natural

conditioning is then carried out in the

package in such a way that the yeast

is maintained in a healthy state during

this second fermentation. "

Never heard of this method, does it suggest that the primary fermentation is long and that there is not enough yeast to secondary ferment ?

Or maybe that it's filtered between primary and secondary fermentaion ?

Or some other reason ?

Or am I just pi$$ed ? devil

Anyways, just found that interesting.

Guzz

Tasting notes: Coopers Best Extra Stout

All of our naturally conditioned ales go through the centrifuge rather than the filter.cool

Then seeded with re-vitalised yeast at the rate of 1 million cells per ml and primed with liquid sugar for consistency of sediment and carbonation levels. biggrin

Hi Paul.

All of our naturally conditioned ales go through the centrifuge rather than the filter.cool

Then seeded with re-vitalised yeast at the rate of 1 million cells per ml and primed with liquid sugar for consistency of sediment and carbonation levels. biggrin

This I've got to see. cool

Are you still involved with the brewery tours Paul? unsure

Cheers,

Anthony.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I purchased a few longnecks of the Sheaf Stout last night.

Although I did quite enjoy them, still no stout has pushed cooper's out of my number 1 spot.

Just can't seem to top that depth of flavour of a cooper's stout.

Also worth noting they were twist tops on tallies with "no refill" embossed on the bottle, a bit of a disappointment for a home brewer!

Have a nice day all.

G'day beer lovers, this black beauty is worth a try by anyone that likes flavour and taste in their beer, I had not tried one for a long time and recently got a few, in tallies of course, this made me get a few more and that gave me the impetus to sing Coopers Best Extra Stouts praises to my mate that lives down south. love

My mate works in a bottle shop and like me hadn't had a stout in a long time, well he is now an active zealot for The Stout an has been subtlety converting drinkers of those other stout drinks to The Stout made by Coopers, this has given rise to stock order to be increased and better turnover of The Stout, this equates to happy stout drinkers in his area. love

Now one thing that must be said many may not consider stout a summer beer and I myself prefer it when the weather is a bit cooler, that said if the beer is not ice cold, you know straight out of the fridge and it is around the 10-14 degrees C in the glass, then fuller flavour is very evident. wink

Cheers.

• 5 months later...

i find myself having a stout or two mid summer.. up in alice/uluru.. and find it a great beer to finish the night off. and as mentioned if its not fully cold.. it doesnt matter!

love the stuff!

• 1 month later...

Archived