Coopers Community

Congrats for the Courage, Coopers!

antiphile

Thanks Coopers for this great forum and taking the courage to maintain it! I've been thinking of posting something along these lines nearly a month, but (perhaps with the aid of a brew or two) I think it needs to be said.

Having this facility is really helpful to allow all ranges of brewers from idiots, novices and once-bittens all the way to extract and occasional all-grainers get the confidence and hold-handing to give it a go. The courage comes from the fact that people can freely post their perceived honest opinions about services and products, some of which may not be entirely flattering to the "suits". A few that fall into this category that I've seen might include

• the change in Pale Ale stubby design;

• the risk of designing the new site; and

• prefence for certain cans over others

The reason I brought this up is the difference that seems to be applied to some other places. PB2 & co. (on this forum) tend to moderate things with a very light touch: nothing is censored unless it is a gross offence or abuse. Unflattering posts are allowed to stand.

Compare this to, say, my experience at Country Brewer. I don't think I'm overcritical but bought one of their Ginger Beer Wet-packs to try out and compare with others I have made (including Coopers, Morgans and others). I left feedback on their website about their GB kit I thought was honest and ended with the comment I wouldn't be using it again (it had a finished flavour I could only describe as "very soapy". I had tried it weekly for almost 4 months, and never managed to drink more than a mouthful before it was tipped down the sink.

After leaving my feedback, I got a pop-up message saying it had been forwarded to the moderator for posting. That was about a month ago, and surprise, surprise, their website still suggests that viewers of that product's page can be the first to write a review.

Thanks, Coopers, for letting us get the honest appraisal of other users of your products.

Spot on Barry, we can have our opinions and views and share them without fear of censorship, provided of course we behave like responsible adults.

It's a damn shame other sites don't get the balance right; including social media such as Facebook.

Sure these sites are commercial ventures, but it grinds that some only want to take positive feedback whilst marketing to users like we will willingly consume simply because advertising is front and centre, as well as all around us.

Good one Coopers and PB2, keep up the good work!

Well said ,Phil. I too feel at home here at Cooper's ever though I've been censored a few timesdevil. I take this as a badge of honour as I am usually trying to fight the good fight and maybe over step my boundaries, when I do. It's a good place to meet great people ever if we're all just floating in cyber world.

John, I see that you, yourself are a man leather and mail with that new avatar. What is your weapon of choice? Is it the sword, mace or axe? Maybe the lance?

Hey Phil. Nice name. biggrin

After once again reading through the absolute abortion of a thread which is the 'Coopers ale bottles' topic, I thought I'd chime in on yours and add my support.

What top sports they must be, and what an indication that openness and transparency are still important to this company in our world of corporate whoredom. Is that a word? Cool.

I hope that us regulars are all still supporting this company we've come to love. Even though I haven't brewed a kit for a couple of years, I still do my bit. The pub over the road from work is a Coopers only pub, apart from one tap which is a cider. Me and the crew from work make staggering donations to this joint in exchange for beer each week, and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Who said supporting Aussie produce was hard work?

Without Coopers, I would never have tried beer which was outside the norm, and I certainly wouldn't have started brewing my own.

Yeah, I'm feeling sentimental and waffly (Is that a word? Cool.) but in everyday life, we as people are far more likely to give criticism than praise, which is something which needs to be addressed. Hence my long-winded and pretentious post.

Have a great days lads, and hoist a Coopers if you can!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived