Coopers Community

The Front Bar, General all topic every day chit chat thread.

Del

How did you go? Get them done' date=' and did you manage to stay under the radar????[innocent']

Got 'em done, but in the dog house today. [crying]

[lol] [lol] [lol] You must have had fun then...!!!!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hit the mouth of the Murray today.. after getting bogged on the beach once.. while trying to avoid others.. already bogged.. handfull of STs under 1kg... 40km winds.. and ripping tides... wasnt a great day.. but an enjoyable one

Nick, i gave them away. was a family with kids down there.. not catching anything. i got a freezer full of fish from abalone, groper, snapper, whiting squid, oysters.. and the list goes on.. so a few Salmon trout was an easy give away.. i wanted a mulloway or gummy shark ;)

so.. just got home from the theatre, got front row tickets on opening night to the Etta James story. was quite a good show.

now enjoying a coopers stout.. as none of my brews are ready yet..

looking forward to making the outmeal stout with Phill tomorrow!

and a good day was had... philbo set up a great days entertainment and a lot of education. we gathered and brewed from 9am till almost 4pm. with much conversation and brew talk. a top day was had!

Haha Phil! You sank my battleship![annoyed]

Hey Phil,

Are you sampling your Sparkling Ale Clone yet? How is it? I dropped mine it the keg a week ago. It's pretty good but not nearly as good as the real thing. I think mine it too wheaty.

Mine is very nearly spot on!

Only problem is it's far too sweet! [pinched] Some of my hops are getting to a few years old, so even though their aroma/flavour is still fine, I think the Alpha in them has dropped off.

So, do I ditch them, or try to account for their age? They don't smell cheesy or off, so I am loathe to contemplate ditching them.

Oh, about the old hops. I'd say ditch it![rightful] If you're questioning the freshness of your hops (or any other ingredient in your brew, FTM) then it's best to replace it with something else. I don't need to school you about this fact though. You've seen PB2 beer triangle a 1000 times I'm sure!

slipped in a pile of beer??? not more of those delicious stout straight out of the cupboard at storage temperature??? that was a good idea of yours.. one refrigerated.. one at room temp.. and both bloody delicious!!

whats this beer triangle???

and.. im about to sanitise my FV.. and get that stout on the go!

anyone else into 4wding and camping??

ive been working on my patrol.. adding some extra lights.. inside and under the bonnet. using LED strip lights.

couple pics,

547451_10151514595446607_1585347153_n.jpg

1001565_10151514593911607_1707003641_n.jpg

1011601_10151501209086607_166201121_n.jpg

1012702_10151494071021607_231685427_n.jpg

66398_10151494069126607_1213687754_n.jpg

mines a 7seater GQ wagon.. with stripped out rears into a 2 seat wagon. 2" llift and 31 muddys running an RB30 with some work done to it. since i work as a Tour guide for a job (www.thetraveller.net.au) i enjoy my camping a fair bit. so the patrol is my toy when i get home. currently finished the interior lighting upgrades. the table addition to rear barn door. and next step is an after market fuse box box and switching panel in the rear compartment. 3-4 ciggy sockets wired up to decent wires/fuses to run fridges and compressors etc. plus some alternative power sources for any other devices. we get away for weekends when we can and take weeks off where possible. our last big trip was central australia for 4 weeks living outta the patrol and a double swag.

i dont have a boat.. but i have a Hobie Fishing kayak :)

What about those cheating poms hey? Putting silicone on the edges of their bats (allegedly).

I'm sure the Aussies would never do anything like that [innocent]

Although I heard Watson tried to put silicone tape all over his pads [biggrin]

My 99 spadge is pretty much bog standard. Its only a bit of beach and bush that i do in her every month or so. I'd love to get on some more testing tracks, but if i break her, i cant get to work as she's my daily commute. SE Qld has some amazing and beautiful locations, and getting back to nature occasionally is the only way i can stay sane. There is nothing better than hooking up the boat, loading the camping and fishing gear and a few cartons of APA.

I think i'll have to organize something for september Del!![biggrin]

Archived