Coopers Community

The Front Bar, General all topic every day chit chat thread.

Del

hey wal' date=' hows the grain trade going?[/quote']

Keeping us busy as usual, mind you some might say that it doesn't take much to keep me busy....!!!!

Hey Wal, i remember you once said that you have a tribe of boys....if they arnt keeping you busy now, just wait til they're older[bandit]

They keep you on your toes alright. One of them has actually started to become useful for brewing - he virtually does the bottling on his own which is quite good because I can be getting ready to make the next brew.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Nick,

How good was State of Origin this year..??? [biggrin]

hey Wal, my signature says it all!!! with 2 games at home, the cockies will have there work cut out next year. i've been to most big sporting events over the years, but origin is still on my bucket list....next year might be the go[biggrin]

Hey Del, good thread mate, especially at the mo as i'm laid up after my op and this is giving me something to do. i might have a beer or 3 later and chat to whoever logs in. Cheers, and enjoy brewday with phil[biggrin]

Hey Nick,

How good was State of Origin this year..??? [biggrin]

hey Wal, my signature says it all!!! with 2 games at home, the cockies will have there work cut out next year. i've been to most big sporting events over the years, but origin is still on my bucket list....next year might be the go[biggrin]

It is something that you should definitely do then. I've been fortunate to watch rugby union and rugby league internationals at some of the best grounds in Europe and Australia yet one of the best experiences you can have is a state of origin at Lang Park. Probably the best ground in the world.

It is something that you should definitely do then. I've been fortunate to watch rugby union and rugby league internationals at some of the best grounds in Europe and Australia yet one of the best experiences you can have is a state of origin at Lang Park. Probably the best ground in the world.

definately Wal, i've been plenty of times for the Broncs, but an origin crowd would be something else.

Hey Del' date=' good thread mate, especially at the mo as i'm laid up after my op and this is giving me something to do. i might have a beer or 3 later and chat to whoever logs in. Cheers, and enjoy brewday with phil[biggrin']

We need to remember what happened to the first brewday thread though. When it got rool big like, it started to slooooooooow dooooooooown.

Wish we could get a 'shout box' like you can find on Brewadelaide.

Maybe an idea for the nerds Paul?

Can we please refrain from talking about State of Origin? [crying]

Please!

Blame Wal....he started it

[whistling [whistling It's one of my favourite topics at the moment...!!!!

Hey Del' date=' good thread mate, especially at the mo as i'm laid up after my op and this is giving me something to do. i might have a beer or 3 later and chat to whoever logs in. Cheers, and enjoy brewday with phil[biggrin']

No probs im a bit of a forum whore at times.. so tend to read a lot and post a lot when i can.. threads like this just help to keep general chatter out of other dedicated topic based threads.. and everyone likes a beer and a chat!

Shout boxes are great.. but only if your online while the chatter is going on. where as a chit chat thread is static and is there for all to read and reply to while they are on at a different time.

If this was a chat box id have not seen any of these replys due to screen refresh wiping the cache of the chatter to the most recent update. therefor having no back ground conversation to read.

each have their benefits.. chat boxes are faster communication. but Threads are permanent and non time dependant communication.

Like this:

8h1c.jpg

I have a couple of commercial beers tonight.

First up is a pint of Little Creatures Rogers' Ale whilst I wait for kick off in the mighty Bulldogs match. This is one of the best mid strengths you will find [love]

Then I will chase it down with a Montieths IPA. I haven't tried this one before.

I had a commercial beer after work this afternoon as well. [surprised

A Sierra Nevada Porter. Very nice, but I was expecting more body. I think my oatmeal stout has kind of given me the idea that all dark beers have to be thick. [love]

They had Hatlifter Stout and Stokes Dark in the Happy Hour fridge at work (the bloke who runs the Social Club is a big fan of Dan's[lol]) but I was mega tired and left after the porter. [crying]

Currently REALLY enjoying a quite dark ESB home brew. Forgot to leave the dregs behind, and not minding in the slightest. [happy]

Hope you're all having as relaxing a night as I am.

this time next week... i might be able to say im drinking one of my own.. im almost tempted to stick one in the fridge even though its only a week old...

pretty chilled here.. think we are about to fire up a few movies and chill..

this time next week... i might be able to say im drinking one of my own.. im almost tempted to stick one in the fridge even though its only a week old...

Do it!

You have one now as a tester and then you still have 29 or so left. Who cares if you waste one. Stick it in the freezer and drink one.

They had Hatlifter Stout and Stokes Dark in the Happy Hour fridge at work

I love the Hatlifter Stout [love] . The Sierra Nevada stout is also great.

The Monteiths I bought was on sale; $4 for 500ml bottle. I think the price was reduced to make up for the reduced IBUs [devil]

Hope you're all having as relaxing a night as I am.

Unfortunately yes. I have to work at 5.15 tomorrow morning, otherwise I'd be out at the pub with my mates. My favourite pub has gone through a bit of an overhaul in recent weeks, they've replaced their taps with a fair bit of craft beer instead of the usual megaswill crap. I haven't been in for a little while but last time I noticed JS Porter, Rogers Ale and a couple of others on tap. They've had the head brewers from Little Creatures and Matilda Bay in there doing beer sessions of some sort too (guessing to do with QLD Beer Week) but I had to work. [pinched]

I live in a little town called Yandina and its pretty much redneck rampage around here, but the local has just put 150 lashes on tap. It was either fourex or fourex gold before[biggrin]

Do it!

You have one now as a tester and then you still have 29 or so left. Who cares if you waste one. Stick it in the freezer and drink one.

They had Hatlifter Stout and Stokes Dark in the Happy Hour fridge at work

I love the Hatlifter Stout [love] . The Sierra Nevada stout is also great.

The Monteiths I bought was on sale; $4 for 500ml bottle. I think the price was reduced to make up for the reduced IBUs [devil]

at your urging... i did.. but only because you told me too... [innocent]

Archived