Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

I'm now in Aus on holiday. Although its also kind of a holiday from drinking so many of my usual beers, I've still managed to sneak a couple in so far:

Mountain Culture Scenic Route- A nice light hazy with tropical notes. I got pineapple. Refreshing and not too in your face.

Mountain Culture Cult IPA- Pretty similar to the Scenic Route, but given it's higher ABV (and price) I think I was expecting something a bit more. So I would rate it a bit lower.

Hopefully there will be some more to come in the following weeks.

• Like 8

Back with another. Katoomba Brewing Pale Ale. Pretty standard stuff, but solid.

One thing I gotta say is that the price of a beer on tap is pretty damn reasonable compared to back home. This was $8.80. Might see if I can treat myself to something else at dinner (hopefully without getting scolded by the missus 😅).

IMG20240929164544.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, ChairmanDrew said:

Back with another. Katoomba Brewing Pale Ale. Pretty standard stuff, but solid.

One thing I gotta say is that the price of a beer on tap is pretty damn reasonable compared to back home. This was $8.80. Might see if I can treat myself to something else at dinner (hopefully without getting scolded by the missus 😅).

IMG20240929164544.jpg

Trust ya enjoy ya time in Qz @ChairmanDrew 😎 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ChairmanDrew said:

Ended up having a Mountain Culture Status Quo. While it was good, all their beers I tried tasted a bit samey.

Status Quo  is a ripper beer  for being a pale  and is getting stronger in the community  and becoming a regular beer on tap 

Mountain Culture i do agree partially with you they can be a bit samey  .   

however though   the TDH  Too Hard Basket neipa  as well as New Hollywood Neipas  are brilliant  

I find this brewery is good revisit   to see what they have come up with next.   they are  great wit there Neipas and specially there limited edition beers

if you do get the chance    try  Range brewing   these guys are remarkable for there brewing style  specially the oat cream style.

a very good easy drinking beer from these is a small 6.2% abv  is the Viewfinder    being an oatcream ipa   .   this is remarkably good beer   and very easy on the pallet  

also if your into stout  one of my favourites but this is more like dessert  Stout  and is best for the last drink of the day   .

its from One drop   and its called U Dig Me  its a 10% abv   there is many of layers and flavours to this beer  its a real party in the mouth type of beer  and the warmer this beer gets  the more flavours come out .

the pic doesnt look like a stout becuase of the colour its actually a pastry Stout 

8c90671b-e0b7-4ea6-b6ac-15a7b394520b.thumb.jpg.56053373e24b9b6926e2d346abba9f97.jpg

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Went to Uncle Dan to pick up some carbonation drops for an ESB extract Amber Ale a friend picked up for me. Came out with these reduced cans (. Plus a four pack of Little Creatures Pale Ale). The Moondog I had before, nice drop. The Zytho is a bit too bitter hoppy for my liking.

IMG_1772.jpeg

IMG_1773.jpeg

IMG_1774.jpeg

IMG_1775.jpeg

• Like 4

Bad Shepherd - Espresso Martini - Black Lager

• Strong coffee aroma with chocolate undertones
  • Coffee/choc flavour plus residual sweetness.  I would usually say this has Lactose in it, but it is vegan friendly, so lactose being from the milk of mammals, it cannot be lactose in the brew.  Could be a whack of Maltodextrin though.
  • More like a cold brew coffee than a beer.  However, it has beer bitterness, carbonation and alcohol.
  • Very clean finish (almost watery).  That could be the lager yeast.
  • Very nice though.

IMG_4625.JPG.a67410b379cfe923a086799ab52eecbe.JPG

• Like 5

brewery =one drop
beer name = U Dig Me
beer style = Pastery stout
Abv = 10%

i drink alot of beer with a guy that shares the same passion as me , he said to me at golf you must try this beer from One Drop
i said cool thats great   what is it thats getting the hairs on ya chest tingling 

he said just had a stout   that made me feel like i was a kid again wanting a bananna smoothie type sundae.

last saturday at golf before the g i said what ya doing  he said nothing asthe bride is working  so i said keen for a beer

didnt have to twist his arm

anyway  we go halvies   or by pots if we share   as the beers we drink   are not very cheap  as they are limited editions .

getting to the beer as i only got half a glass .   infact it was more then plenty  to make a judgement   on .

its the best pastry stout i have ever tried   .  this beer had layers apon layers of flavour 

i wanted to study this beer more so i decided to bring a can home (havent drank it yet.)

the flavours are like having a banana sunday ...

i am going to  do a better review on this beer when it the only beer i have for the day 

but here is sneak sample    that what i had   tried 

8c90671b-e0b7-4ea6-b6ac-15a7b394520b.thumb.jpg.72d39f6dc6f3bd6f173162e53d41ba29.jpg  

this is 5/5 on untapped 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

Went to Uncle Dan to pick up some carbonation drops for an ESB extract Amber Ale a friend picked up for me. Came out with these reduced cans (. Plus a four pack of Little Creatures Pale Ale). The Moondog I had before, nice drop. The Zytho is a bit too bitter hoppy for my liking.

IMG_1772.jpeg

IMG_1773.jpeg

IMG_1774.jpeg

IMG_1775.jpeg

Moon Dog    not huge fan ,  they dont go out of their comfort zone .   some good beers but i dont rate them all.

i am not judging you or anyone that  does like them 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

Love it, hard to find in Sydney, but since the demise of Sheaf Stout my local bottle shop is getting it in

Very honest Stout. It is what it is. No bells and whistles. A Stout, when you want a Stout.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

brewery =one drop
beer name = U Dig Me
beer style = Pastery stout
Abv = 10%

i drink alot of beer with a guy that shares the same passion as me , he said to me at golf you must try this beer from One Drop
i said cool thats great   what is it thats getting the hairs on ya chest tingling 

he said just had a stout   that made me feel like i was a kid again wanting a bananna smoothie type sundae.

last saturday at golf before the g i said what ya doing  he said nothing asthe bride is working  so i said keen for a beer

didnt have to twist his arm

anyway  we go halvies   or by pots if we share   as the beers we drink   are not very cheap  as they are limited editions .

getting to the beer as i only got half a glass .   infact it was more then plenty  to make a judgement   on .

its the best pastry stout i have ever tried   .  this beer had layers apon layers of flavour 

i wanted to study this beer more so i decided to bring a can home (havent drank it yet.)

the flavours are like having a banana sunday ...

i am going to  do a better review on this beer when it the only beer i have for the day 

but here is sneak sample    that what i had   tried 

8c90671b-e0b7-4ea6-b6ac-15a7b394520b.thumb.jpg.72d39f6dc6f3bd6f173162e53d41ba29.jpg  

this is 5/5 on untapped 

Some of the stuff you drink. I'm not sure you remember what beer is mate. 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Some of the stuff you drink. I'm not sure you remember what beer is mate. 

haha ,  every beer i drink is recorded  so i dont have to remember a thing.  

if your going to drink ya might as well go big  

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Bad Shepherd - Espresso Martini - Black Lager

• Strong coffee aroma with chocolate undertones
  • Coffee/choc flavour plus residual sweetness.  I would usually say this has Lactose in it, but it is vegan friendly, so lactose being from the milk of mammals, it cannot be lactose in the brew.  Could be a whack of Maltodextrin though.
  • More like a cold brew coffee than a beer.  However, it has beer bitterness, carbonation and alcohol.
  • Very clean finish (almost watery).  That could be the lager yeast.
  • Very nice though.

IMG_4625.JPG.a67410b379cfe923a086799ab52eecbe.JPG

interesting that being a lager ,  but its 1 thing i don't like in beer   is the watery taste  and when i get that  it becomes a deal breaker .

still i might give this one ago as i havent had a bad shepherd beer in such along time

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I haven't seen it around for a while, but it is advertised on Dan Murphy's website & others.

The first time I found it was in Mildura, but now Steve’s Cool Booze in MAROUBRA carries it, check out their website, it’s like a beer lovers toy shop

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz II
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Moon Dog    not huge fan ,  they dont go out of their comfort zone .   some good beers but i dont rate them all.

i am not judging you or anyone that  does like them 

The Pale Ale is the only one I had, I like it. Not too flowery or perfumed but still nicely flavoured 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ozdevil said:

haha ,  every beer i drink is recorded  so i dont have to remember a thing.  

if your going to drink ya might as well go big  

Just a bit of tongue in cheek fella, you do drink some amazing beers.

• Like 1

4 PINES BREWING NITRO STOUT 5.1% ABV

I saw this at Dan Murphy's for $17.00 x 6 pack (about $8.00 cheaper) I hadn't tried it, so I grabbed some.

TBH I not overly impressed, there is a chocolatey aroma, hints of caramel, fairly malty but it finishes with a rather unpleasant bitterness that does round of after a few mouthfuls so maybe another one might sway me.

20241005_143632.thumb.jpg.c5a2f6c1cf68d195f2f6c0fdcbcd42f1.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Just a bit of tongue in cheek fella, you do drink some amazing beers.

I know it was took you the right way.

Mate I have some interesting  beers in the next week or 2.

Had a light beer today. @ 5%  interesting  red lager

• Haha 1