Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

39 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have seen them in Coles occasionally, definitely BIG W, Aldi, & of course online.

I bought mine (RACO) exceptionally good quality nonstick from a Kitchen/Homewares shop at Marion Shopping Centre, had it for years.

Paley, here is the Woolworths one, under $10.00.

782524.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, TBH, the cheaper ones are probably OK, but when I bought mine, it was a kit, included a Pizza Stone/Peel/Cutter.

It wasn't cheap but it has served me well.

As always - you (typically) get what ya paid for eh 👍🏻

Yep, I should imagine they work even better in conjunction with a pizza stone Phil 😋

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Triple B Brewing said:

As always - you (typically) get what ya paid for eh 👍🏻

Yep, I should imagine they work even better in conjunction with a pizza stone Phil 😋

Ive got the stone, and cutter. That tray looks very interesting. Keen to see how it goes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

Ive got the stone, and cutter. That tray looks very interesting. Keen to see how it goes.

I have never used it in conjunction with a stone, but you could as long as you preheat the stone to about 200c otherwise you block the intended airflow from the bottom of the oven, in a fan forced oven at least.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have never used it in conjunction with a stone, but you could as long as you preheat the stone to about 200c otherwise you block the intended airflow from the bottom of the oven, in a fan forced oven at least.

Yes makes sense. I always preheat my stone for a good half hour.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Pre-heated my stone, pizza for the bride 😉😉🤪🤪

IMG_0879.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_0881.jpeg

I must stop checking 'what's on the menu' before breakfast! @Red devil 44, what is the white sauce on your pizza, and is that chicken and salami topping? I can see the pineapple! Looks yummy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, jennyss said:

I must stop checking 'what's on the menu' before breakfast! @Red devil 44, what is the white sauce on your pizza, and is that chicken and salami topping? I can see the pineapple! Looks yummy.

Amazingly it was Caesar dressing, wife loved it. 

Chicken, salami & pineapple. 

Edited by Red devil 44
  • Like 3

On 10/7/2024 at 6:17 AM, jennyss said:

Pizza night last night. A different base; made with Bread & Pizza - strong, high protein plain flour. The base rose better, tasted better and was a much better texture. The topping included home-made tomato sauce because I ran out of tomato paste. Then cheese,  old roast beef pulled apart, anchovies, capers, olives, mushrooms, capsicum. Yummy!

20241006_181248[1].jpg

20241006_185130[1].jpg

I'm trying to keep up with the pizza posts. Its a passion of mine. 

Jenny by the looks youve got plenty of olives and anchovies on your masterpiece. Two of my favourite ingredients. Nobody else in my family will go near them two on a pizza. So I go in the naughty corner when I throw out my pizzas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

A bit of a retro seventies dinner, Beef Stroganoff., from this book of old-style grub. I might have a go at Chicken Kiev at the weekend 🤔

IMG_4793.jpeg

IMG_4794.jpeg

IMG_4802.jpeg

Love the cover!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, stquinto said:

A bit of a retro seventies dinner, Beef Stroganoff., from this book of old-style grub. I might have a go at Chicken Kiev at the weekend 🤔

IMG_4793.jpeg

IMG_4794.jpeg

IMG_4802.jpeg

Good ol' beef stroganoff. Takes me back to nightclubbing days of the 80s. One establishment in Adelaide called My Place used to serve it up as a condition of a late night liquor licence. It tasted like crap but if you were hungry it was a good gap filler. I'm sure yours is of a far better quality, Dave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers mate! There was a special on Argie Black Angus fillet, so I used the tip for the Strog and froze the rest for steaks. Whenever my kids finally bugger off they’ll have to get used to mince 😬 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

Love the cover!

It’s an interesting book, as much as anything “Thank God we don’t have to eat that stuff anymore “

Brown Windsor Soup?? What was that?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Cheers mate! There was a special on Argie Black Angus fillet, so I used the tip for the Strog and froze the rest for steaks. Whenever my kids finally bugger off they’ll have to get used to mince 😬 

A lot of those old retro dishes still stand up to modern trends, in fact I reckon most of them taste as good if not better than the crap sold in supermarkets, they call ready-made heat & eat meals.

The old favourites like Shepherd's Pie, Tuna Mornay, Meat Loaf, Macaroni & Cheese, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Corned Beef & Cabbage - I could go & on ...

We are still lucky though with the wide variety of produce that is available to us, not to mention what you could grow at home, but some people just go for the take-away or ready-mad options.

If you were on a tight budget there are a million ways to use mince to survive.

• Like 3