Coopers Community

Anything Rugby 🏉

16 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I'm a bit conflicted because most of Storm players come from QLD and play for maroons. But want the blues to start getting a few wins in. But not looking likely for a while.

NSW always have a better team on paper, but the last game was 13 individuals playing for themselves, that’s why they got belted.

Wish someone would put one on that Luai”s chin. 🤣🤣

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Red devil 44 better give this thread a bump and move the rugby talk over. 

So how did u like the storm thumping of the sharks? was at that game what a beaut. 

Also is broncos like a second team for you being a local? 

How the hell did storm do that last night with only 2 regular players resting most of them before finals. 🥳

6 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

So how did u like the storm thumping of the sharks? was at that game what a beaut. 

How the hell did storm do that last night with only 2 regular players resting most of them before finals. 🥳

@Uhtred Of Beddanburg, I’m pretty much a one eyed Sharks man mate, although I’d like to see the Gold Coast have a crack under Hasler next year. 
Storm surprised me last night, had a few jars & watched that game.

Teams I dislike, South’s & Roosters, both teams have grubs running around for them. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Probably got a few guys there trying to impress the coach.

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

@Uhtred Of Beddanburg, I’m pretty much a one eyed Sharks man mate, although I’d like to see the Gold Coast have a crack under Hasler next year. 
Storm surprised me last night, had a few jars & watched that game.

Teams I dislike, South’s & Roosters, both teams have grubs running around for them. 

I was about 7 seats away from a couple of die hard sharks supporters at that game at Aami. They stayed until the very end.

They put up with all the complaints from my kid at the start before got the big lead. He was abusing the bloke going for conversions because apparently used to be at Storm and left lol. 

My first year into NRL it's all new to me.

Great people I spoke to them at the end after most other sharks supporters left. They even got photos with storm players after their team went back to locker room. 

Since this game I now go for the Sharks when play other teams bar Storm or Raiders. These 3 teams for me Storm at top could care less about the rest.

31 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Probably got a few guys there trying to impress the coach.

Yes coming into finals I think that was it no one wants to be forgotten about.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I was about 7 seats away from a couple of die hard sharks supporters at that game at Aami. They stayed until the very end.

They put up with all the complaints from my kid at the start before got the big lead. He was abusing the bloke going for conversions because apparently used to be at Storm and left lol. 

My first year into NRL it's all new to me.

Great people I spoke to them at the end after most other sharks supporters left. They even got photos with storm players after their team went back to locker room. 

Since this game I now go for the Sharks when play other teams bar Storm or Raiders. These 3 teams for me Storm at top could care less about the rest.

Yes coming into finals I think that was it no one wants to be forgotten about.

@Uhtred Of BeddanburgI didn’t mind Canberra until the sook started coaching them 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we go week one finals done and dusted. @Red devil 44 condolences for last night close game, I would have rather sharks to win.

Was hoping raiders could get over the line. Thought that penalty at end was soft as butter it's not soccer. Anyway scores on the board.

Hopefully can get good tickets for Friday night. Melbourne will be banging Friday night with Blues and Demons across the road. 

• 2 weeks later...

Being a Mexican I don't follow NRL so much but couldn't resist wandering down to the sport bar to watch the big dance. What a game, going for the Broncos - they were so brave but pipped at the post. Two great GF's on the weekend - great stuff for both codes.

385473741_1563579797745198_5494751403518602711_n.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 7:14 PM, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

That wasn't a proper Haka by the kiwis. Used to be better back in the day. All they do now is stick tongue out. 

Could be worse. I remember many years ago, there was a discussion about whether the Wallabies should have an answer to the Haka and do something of their own. One of the serious options discussed was singing Waltzing Mathilda. Can you imagine the All Blacks doing their Haka and then the Wallabies standing there, singing Waltzing Mathilda as a response? That would have undoubtedly frightened the Kiwis into submission 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Could be worse. I remember many years ago, there was a discussion about whether the Wallabies should have an answer to the Haka and do something of their own. One of the serious options discussed was singing Waltzing Mathilda. Can you imagine the All Blacks doing their Haka and then the Wallabies standing there, singing Waltzing Mathilda as a response? That would have undoubtedly frightened the Kiwis into submission 😂

Yeah not sure if reason behind it but instead of standing there and tapping there legs and arms like the propper one.

We just stand here with tongue's out looking stupid. Everything is a bit half arsed nowdays

There was a good stare down and Aussies showed on the scoreboard were not scared. Hopefully can do the same tonight in the final but it's over NZ

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg