Coopers Community

coopers pale ale

can someone explain to me why i cant get (coopers pale ale right). i can get all the other ales right like pacific summer ale-session ale-fruit salad ale.--i start with decanting 6 of 375m coopers pale ale  add light dry malt and 600mil of warm water and put in cupboard foe 3 days, then i mix all ingrediencies and place in fridge with inkbird probe taped to the fermenter holding at 21 degrees.with a range of 1degree over and 1 degree under.i cant seem to get the right gravity reading before bottling. even after 11 days i only get reading at 1010 to 1015 and when bottling the pet  740ml bottles 1 carbonation drop and the beer foams out all over. is the brew over done or under done?       

1 hour ago, australian pale ale said:

can someone explain to me why i cant get (coopers pale ale right). i can get all the other ales right like pacific summer ale-session ale-fruit salad ale.--i start with decanting 6 of 375m coopers pale ale  add light dry malt and 600mil of warm water and put in cupboard foe 3 days, then i mix all ingrediencies and place in fridge with inkbird probe taped to the fermenter holding at 21 degrees.with a range of 1degree over and 1 degree under.i cant seem to get the right gravity reading before bottling. even after 11 days i only get reading at 1010 to 1015 and when bottling the pet  740ml bottles 1 carbonation drop and the beer foams out all over. is the brew over done or under done?       

Maybe just try the yeast that comes with the kit & then access it from there. It is an easy beer to make & I am aware that the original recipe calls for the yeast to be extracted from the commercial beer, but I have made it many times & it has always ended up tasting like the original recipe. Try plain white sugar = 4.2gms instead of carb drops.

When I do the Coopers APA with BE2 I always get 1.012 FG. Lowest I've had was 1.011. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use CCA yeast or US-05. I've never used the kit yeast. I ferment arount 18-21ºC. I have no idea why your beer foams out when bottling. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hi APA,

If the beer is foaming when your bottling it's most likely not complete. Leave it a few more days in the fv.

TBH  I know plenty recommend different yeast for recipes but I've always just used the can yeast and had no problems.

Suggest you simply try the can yeast.

• Like 1