Coopers Community

chatGPT for brewing

ozdevil

Hey all  Not sure if anyone has heard of AI  scripts before   and chatgpt  which is AI

ChatGPT is becoming huge and better then google ,  it can tell you anything you want to know 

So just for giggles i inputed this question

create me a recipe for a American ipa with a mash efficienvy of 80% to 23 litres at 6.5% ABV?

Here's a recipe for a 23-liter American IPA with a mash efficiency of 80% and an alcohol by volume (ABV) of 6.5% :

Ingredients:

• 17.6 kg pale malt
  • 1.4 kg Munich malt
  • 0.5 kg Caramel malt 40L
  • 40 g Chinook hops (60 min)
  • 20 g Cascade hops (20 min)
  • 20 g Cascade hops (10 min)
  • 1 pack of American Ale yeast (e.g. Wyeast 1056 or White Labs 001)

Instructions:

1. Mash the grains at 68°C for 60 minutes to convert the starches to sugar.
  2. Sparge the grains to collect 23 liters of wort.
  3. Boil the wort for 60 minutes, adding the hops at the times indicated above.
  4. Chill the wort to 20°C and transfer to a fermenter.
  5. Pitch the yeast and ferment at 20°C for 7-10 days, or until the gravity stabilizes.
  6. Transfer the beer to a secondary fermenter and let it mature for 7-14 days.
  7. Prime with sugar, bottle, and let the beer condition for another 7-14 days.
  8. Enjoy your American IPA!

Note: The actual brewing process and ingredient amounts may vary depending on your equipment and brewing practices. Adjust as necessary to achieve your desired results.

This is what chatGPT  came up with

obviously the above recipe is All grain brew  and things would have to be scaled to your brewery and would be best to run through brewfather or beersmith depending on what application you like.   17.6 kg og pale malt in 23litres seems a bit excessive

but a very handy tool  to help us homebrewers  not just with  recipes but other information as well

is it perfect  i am not sure

here is a coopers pale ale extract recipe from chatGPT

Ingredients:

• 1 can of Coopers Pale Ale beer kit
  • 2.2 lbs of light malt extract
  • 8 oz of corn sugar
  • 1 pack of Coopers brewery yeast

Instructions:

1. Sanitize all of your brewing equipment.
  2. In a large pot, bring 2.5 gallons of water to a boil.
  3. Turn off the heat and add the can of Coopers Pale Ale kit, malt extract, and corn sugar. Stir until fully dissolved.
  4. Return the pot to heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  5. After boiling, cool the mixture to 70°F as quickly as possible.
  6. Pour the cooled mixture into a fermenter and add enough water to bring the total volume to 23 litres.
  7. Aerate the mixture well and sprinkle the yeast on top.
  8. Fit the fermenter with an airlock and let the mixture ferment for 7-10 days.
  9. Transfer the beer to a secondary fermenter and let it age for an additional 7-14 days.
  10. When the beer has cleared, bottle or keg it and let it carbonate for 1-2 weeks. Enjoy your 5.0% ABV Coopers Pale Ale!

now i have not tried to make any recipe from chat GPT  so it is your risk if you try them

AI   is the current future

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

That is garbage @ozdevil , 19.5kg grain bill?

@kmar92 i agree 19.5kg is excessive .  as i said  you would have to make changes to  suit your brewery setup

as it goes to show Artificial intelligence   isn't that great and still requires human interaction in things

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

@kmar92 i agree 19.5kg is excessive .  as i said  you would have to make changes to  suit your brewery setup

as it goes to show Artificial intelligence   isn't that great and still requires human interaction in things

OD, I think we should stick to BrewFather/Beersmith etc 😁

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OD, I think we should stick to BrewFather/Beersmith etc 😁

i would agree that we should.   i certainly will be sticking to the tried methods of brewfather  rather then a  ChatGPT

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Hey all  Not sure if anyone has heard of AI  scripts before   and chatgpt  which is AI

ChatGPT is becoming huge and better then google ,  it can tell you anything you want to know 

So just for giggles i inputed this question

create me a recipe for a American ipa with a mash efficienvy of 80% to 23 litres at 6.5% ABV?

This is what chatGPT  came up with

obviously the above recipe is All grain brew  and things would have to be scaled to your brewery and would be best to run through brewfather or beersmith depending on what application you like.   17.6 kg og pale malt in 23litres seems a bit excessive

but a very handy tool  to help us homebrewers  not just with  recipes but other information as well

is it perfect  i am not sure

here is a coopers pale ale extract recipe from chatGPT

now i have not tried to make any recipe from chat GPT  so it is your risk if you try them

AI   is the current future

I assume you’ve been watching Gash’s videos?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

I assume you’ve been watching Gash’s videos?

Nah  I didn't  see that until this morning  I have been n mucking about with chatgpt for a month or 2 not for brewing but other things. And wondered what would I get if I asked a question  on making a beer recipe.

Had no intention of brewing one as the numbers are wrong for my setup anyway

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

A bit of Fun, but not for me.

I'm not sure a 60 min boil of a Coopers Can is the way to go!

The world is moving into strange places..

ya right a bit of fun and a laugh 

its not for me either  but hey the young generation love  chatgpt and other AI tools

brewfather etc are good useful tools but some back in there day thought they wasn't needed  whats wrong with calculations and paper

me i will be staying away  with brew info from chatgpt but comes in handy for other stuff i do