Coopers Community

What's in Your Fermenter 2023?

Shamus O'Sean

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

What a difference a day makes! On the right is my husband's WW Lager; mixed on Wed. 20th Dec with extract, 1kg pkt BE3, 500g sugar, 2 tbsps LDM and 4 Cascade hop pellets and supplied yeast. He is living dangerously!

On the left is my Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale, mixed yesterday 21st Dec with extract, 1kg pkt BE2 , 1kg LDM, 25g steeped Cascade pellets (minus 4 pellets). The extra fermentables have created a monster - OG was 1055! I added 2 more litres of water which brought the OG down to 1052.

My husband's lager started out a dark chocolatey brown, but paled very quickly.  The brews are sitting at 22deg.

20231221_154752[1].jpg

I was looking at the fermenters and thought you had new ones then I realised they were ice packs 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

I was looking at the fermenters and thought you had new ones then I realised they were ice packs

And I have towels that I lay over the top of the FV's after they have been frozen; and they are sitting under the air-con in our family room!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Pale Lager that was going along nicely on 12 degrees for 2 and a bit days before last night. 

The missus decided to unplug the brew fridge to charge her portable speaker without telling me last night.

Sitting on 19.5 degrees this morning so I just set controller to 18 degrees and guess it's a half Steam Ale and doing the d rest early. 

I think it was on 1.020 something yesterday anyway because I used yeast slurry and it was going fast. 

Might call this one Turbo Lager.

Happy New Years!

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1