1x tin of irish stout
1x tin of light malt
1x brew enhancer 3
250g choc malt
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
185g peanut butter powder, probably pb2
250g lactose
us04 yeast

Now im wondering if adding some caramel syrup to the brew would do anything and when i should add it (if its worth it) and would it be worth adding cacoa nibs and when i would do so.

Thanks all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Slopdog said:

Ok so im trying an experiment, im trying to go for something snickers like

I have
1x tin of irish stout
1x tin of light malt
1x brew enhancer 3
250g choc malt
250g lactose
us04 yeast

Now im wondering if adding some caramel syrup to the brew would do anything and when i should add it (if its worth it) and would it be worth adding cacoa nibs and when i would do so.

Thanks all

Mothers milk mate hahahaha

10 hours ago, Slopdog said:

Ok so im trying an experiment, im trying to go for something snickers like

I have
1x tin of irish stout
1x tin of light malt
1x brew enhancer 3
250g choc malt
250g lactose
us04 yeast

Thanks all

I've tried to make a peanut butter porter before. It wasn't a bad beer but was lacking in the peanut department. I had used something like 400g PB2 in the FV and that is probably not the best way to do it. I just had no desire to clog up my brewing system with peanut butter goo by putting it in the mash or boil. Peanuts are very oily and head retention suffers a hit because of that. I think the best bet would be water based peanut flavouring but that is as scarce as hen's teeth. 

• Like 2

Found this so:

Originally conceived by our head chef, this beer was inspired by ‘Buckeye Candy’. Moreish peanut butter fudge balls partially dipped in rich chocolate. Go on, Google it. Our mouth was watering when we did. Brewed with chocolate malt, chocolate wheat and hazelnuts, the hero in this creamy, decadent and full-bodied porter is the peanut butter character.

Malt: Vienna, Caramalt, Chocolate Wheat, Pale Chocolate
Hops: Pahto
Other: Lactose, Hazelnuts

6.4% ABV  |  22 IBU  |  355ml Cans  |  4x355ml Packs

4 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Found this so:

Originally conceived by our head chef, this beer was inspired by ‘Buckeye Candy’. Moreish peanut butter fudge balls partially dipped in rich chocolate. Go on, Google it. Our mouth was watering when we did. Brewed with chocolate malt, chocolate wheat and hazelnuts, the hero in this creamy, decadent and full-bodied porter is the peanut butter character.

Malt: Vienna, Caramalt, Chocolate Wheat, Pale Chocolate
Hops: Pahto
Other: Lactose, Hazelnuts

6.4% ABV  |  22 IBU  |  355ml Cans  |  4x355ml Packs

IIRC, it does say on the can about things it doesn't contain: Peanuts!

I don't know how they get that flavour but I like that beer. A lot. The problem is that $11 for a 440ml can is not really cheap. Another good one is Creature of the Night by Aether Brewing but that is fairly hard to get. That one is made with flavouring from what I was told at last year's GABS.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

IIRC, it does say on the can about things it doesn't contain: Peanuts!

I don't know how they get that flavour but I like that beer. A lot. The problem is that $11 for a 440ml can is not really cheap. Another good one is Creature of the Night by Aether Brewing but that is fairly hard to get. That one is made with flavouring from what I was told at last year's GABS.

You can get a 4 pack for $24 from the brewery. Nearly placed an order today but with two weeks off work can’t really afford it. This was my shopping cartAE2C893B-74A8-43BA-B984-FA17DC6C6118.jpeg.5b81a69e6c6cfd32dba92fba0019b20f.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

The flavour in this peanut butter porter is roasted hazelnuts, it works quiet well. thought I had photo of ingredient list of can, must have deleted it

IMG_2950.JPG

Kinda what i was going for, in a way, i absolutely love this beer

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Slopdog said:

Kinda what i was going for, in a way, i absolutely love this beer

How do they get the peanut flavor? I think its a trick of your mind. As a lover of hazelnuts I can really taste the roasted nuts, but I think the overall creaminess and mouthfeel is what makes you believe that it is peanut butter. Maybe the lactose? Or maybe the Patho hops helps as well (Pahto is a bittering hop that is commonly used only to bitter the beer during brewing, and not for too much flavor and aromas. When used as a bittering addition hop, Pahto provides a very neutral flavor to beer, and a pleasant, smooth bitterness. The aroma profile of the hop cone is described as herbal, earthy, woody, and resinous with some fruit.)

Good luck on your experiment👍

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Did you end up making a peanut butter stout lad? I know you talked about it a while ago, cant remember if you did.

Nah i didn't hey, still have the jar of PB2, maybe once i have enough kegs full for everyone else i might give it a shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Nah i didn't hey, still have the jar of PB2, maybe once i have enough kegs full for everyone else i might give it a shot.

You set the bar high with that fig stout of yours. Hard to top that, i think i still have the taste in my mouth. Thats when i decided all grain was for me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

You set the bar high with that fig stout of yours. Hard to top that, i think i still have the taste in my mouth. Thats when i decided all grain was for me.

Bloody fig tree haha

• Haha 1