Coopers Community

Craft Beer Prices

Brauhaus Fritz

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Put this one under the Craft Brewery Heading.

‘Ok it’s a 50L keg of Stone & Wood but f%ck me, $430. 😳😳

I could brew the equivalent for around $100, thought about one for Xmas but not at that bloody price, and you can’t even keep the keg.
‘Plus I would need a coupler, yeah nah, I’ll brew my own thanks. 😂😂

238AD763-9AB9-4206-B802-BCD386BE9E7C.jpeg

Edited by Red devil 44
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

34 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Put this one under the Craft Brewery Heading.

‘Ok it’s a 50L keg of Stone & Wood but f%ck me, $430. 😳😳

I could brew the equivalent for around $100, thought about one for Xmas but not at that bloody price, and you can’t even keep the keg.
‘Plus I would need a coupler, yeah nah, I’ll brew my own thanks. 😂😂

238AD763-9AB9-4206-B802-BCD386BE9E7C.jpeg

Jeez that's about $8.60 a litre & you would want to keep the keg!!

Evertyime I go to the Bottl'o something has gone up, stuff them as you say brew your own.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Red devil 44 the thing that puts me off about that beer is the amount of hop flavour for the thinness and lack of body.

It is horrible, the perfect example of perfumed flower water, what turned me originally off craft beer

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

It is horrible, the perfect example of perfumed flower water, what turned me originally off craft beer

yeah u right about that a few times I thought I was being harsh and tried it again and was disappointed yet again. Each to their own it's just not a balanced beer for me. Where there is hop flavour you need body to go with it.

9 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

I’d rather Stone & Wood than this rubbish, never mind $360, I wouldn’t pay $60. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤮🤮

I agree RD, whoever is marketing them needs to go & have a lie down, who is going to pay that much for 💩 beer & then hand the keg back.

I am thinking there would be a deposit to pay or is that included int the $360.00?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I agree RD, whoever is marketing them needs to go & have a lie down, who is going to pay that much for 💩 beer & then hand the keg back.

I am thinking there would be a deposit to pay or is that included int the $360.00?

@Classic Brewing CoNot sure mate, as soon as I saw the price I didn’t bother investigating any further.

My mate used to work for XXXX and he and my dad argued all the time about the recipe.

‘He used to be a staunch XXXX man, but Dad swears they changed the recipe around 1975-76, my mate said no they didn’t you’ve got rocks in your head, but dad is adamant they did change it. 
‘It is still an ongoing debate when they see each other, I’m not bothered as it is crap anyway. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Red devil 44 said:

@Classic Brewing CoNot sure mate, as soon as I saw the price I didn’t bother investigating any further.

My mate used to work for XXXX and he and my dad argued all the time about the recipe.

‘He used to be a staunch XXXX man, but Dad swears they changed the recipe around 1975-76, my mate said no they didn’t you’ve got rocks in your head, but dad is adamant they did change it. 
‘It is still an ongoing debate when they see each other, I’m not bothered as it is crap anyway. 

I just looked them up for the hell of it, for a start you would need an A coupler $60, the decal is another $60 & oh, if you haven't got a Kegerator they can sell you on at a ridiculous price.

There would be cheaper options out there, but we already know the cheapest.

I wouldn't drink that cr** either.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Red devil 44 the thing that puts me off about that beer is the amount of hop flavour for the thinness and lack of body.

I agree with that, especially the cheap specials you get from BWS or Liquor Land, they are distributed to the respective stores by companies like Pinnacle Drinks & The Endeavour Group.

The beers are usually clear apart from the hazy IPA's, but their lack of body is disguised by loading them with hops - not really good beers at all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

I’m in the market for a 50L keg as I can brew double batches now I have the Grainfather. 

That would be great, from memory you have a winch/pulley system, don't you? Otherwise, it would be a hell of a job moving a full 50l keg around.

I have often thought about getting a 60l Ambi style Fermenter which would virtually fill 3 kegs of beer, but I have a knee issue, Osteoarthritis & recently the Doc tells me I have Bursitis in my right shoulder, I have to go for an Ultrasound & have steroid injections so possibly that idea could be ruled out. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That would be great, from memory you have a winch/pulley system, don't you? Otherwise, it would be a hell of a job moving a full 50l keg around.

I have often thought about getting a 60l Ambi style Fermenter which would virtually fill 3 kegs of beer, but I have a knee issue, Osteoarthritis & recently the Doc tells me I have Bursitis in my right shoulder, I have to go for an Ultrasound & have steroid injections so possibly that idea could be ruled out. 

Yeah I have an electric winch to load kegs in & out of my keezer, best $130 I’ve spent. 
Saves hurting backs, knees, shoulders etc. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I agree with that, especially the cheap specials you get from BWS or Liquor Land, they are distributed to the respective stores by companies like Pinnacle Drinks & The Endeavour Group.

The beers are usually clear apart from the hazy IPA's, but their lack of body is disguised by loading them with hops - not really good beers at all.

yes you are right some are just pop up craft breweries in disguise from the big boys. Others that were genuine and bought out also lowered the malt and hop content. Best example for me fat yak. I noticed it was different one day and knew before looked at label it had been bought out.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 5:15 PM, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Might get one  on the weekend if still around, did get myself the German pack today

003425EF-B146-481B-8390-6F1DFC3BDD8B.jpeg

Flötzinger Hell isn't bad. It comes from near my hometown. Funnily enough, until the early-80s, we used to have a local brewery called "Fletzinger".  It's a We used to have 3 breweries (in my time) in town but in the 70s and 80s, they were snatched up by big beer from Munich and shut down not long after. It's a shame. Now, the beer culture has disappeared from town completely. There isn't even a fledgling craft brewery trying to bring it back. There was one in the 80s but that was about 30 years ahead of its time and couldn't survive.

• Sad 2