Coopers Community

HLT's

kmar92

7 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Anyone use a hot liquor tank with their AG brew set up, and if so what do you use?

With my NANO Biab I am needing up to 20l of sparge water and I am wondering the best way to do that.

i just use either my 65l brewzilla or 35l brewzilla as a hlt , depending on what brewzilla i am brewing on that given day

a digiboil or even a smaller urn  that is capable of getting to 76°c for sparging would be your friend

or

you could get yourself a 50l keg  and put over some propane gas  and a pump   for hlt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:37 PM, kmar92 said:

Anyone use a hot liquor tank with their AG brew set up, and if so what do you use?

With my NANO Biab I am needing up to 20l of sparge water and I am wondering the best way to do that.

I use the 19 litre stock pot from Big W on an induction hot plate.  I have a ball valve and a temperature well fitted to it.  The induction plate is plugged into a Inkbird set to go off at 75°C, my usual sparge temperature.  The pot is only good for about 17 litres maximum though.

1228873339_IMG_2497HLT.jpg.56f9d8148aa99ddae8835f7248d8eff6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Quality secondhand or cheap Chinese brand?  If it was the latter, what do you think of it?

Was a cheapo Chinese job mate. Touch wood it does exactly what I need it too. Heats up at a reasonable pace. Only gripe is that the chord is a bit short 😂

• Like 2