Coopers Community

At what point do wives start getting mad about your homebrewing?

terminal2k

6 hours ago, stquinto said:

But no worries though, it's classed as a hobby, along with sourdough bread making, so it is considered A Good Thing.

Probably rather me pouring it out once brewed but hey, can't win 'em all.

Times change of course. SWMBO being a (mainly) veggie, 25 years ago it would be "don't worry that I don't get much choice on the menu, seeing you have a nice meal is good enough for me" to "what's there for me to eat?" or "my salad cost 15 ChF and your meat was 35 ChF !"

H'mmm @stquinto  perhaps a little bit more effort if you are actually are wanting to hide the beer stock 🤣  it's good to have a dedicated room for all of your stuff, the difference is the only time any one sees mine is in a photo or if I let them in. 🔐  I think the most important room in the house is the brew room & the kitchen of course but then is there is the bar & the outside bar, the rest is necessary also but I spend more time in my Brew Room/Office/Man Cave than any where else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

you probably know I am single

yeah, It's kinda why I'm barless now. When we were looking for the most recent place, I wanted a place with a decent garage with access from the house to make a brewing space/bar/gym/man cave. Didn't quite get what I wanted, but there's enough space for me to brew in. I thought I would have a small space in the unit we were last in when we moved in about 10 years ago (check my sign up date on this forum). Ended up being that the way the laundry was laid out, the space I'd expected to use wasn't accessible in the way I thought it would be. Otherwise I'd probably be a decent homebrewer by now (or dead from alcohol poisoning)

• Haha 1

She doesn't really drink beer, and hence couldn't really relate to my brewing indulgences.  Mostly it was the smell - particularly of boiling wort filling the house that was the main cause for complaint.  I always found that hugely ironic.  Ironic because she's into trad Chinese medicines and from time to time she would boil up all sorts of foul smelling concoctions that to me were much much worse!  🤢

However, the complaints actually stopped when I expanded my activities and started making red wine as well.  She likes red wine!  😋

• Haha 3