Coopers Community

The Tale of BoozeBud and the Sparkling Ale Longnecks

terminal2k

So there was a 30% promo a few days back for BoozeBud  so I figured I'd grab a case of sparkling ales and a few other crafties. Chucked some in the fridge yesterday and cracked one open. It tasted like the devils anus. Looked for the date on the bottle:

coopersdate.png.f2b7df1cf0ed0b75367901a9a2f4624c.png

Pretty sure the best after date is 6 weeks after bottling to allow for conditioning, so the beer was over 3 years old. When I ended up tipping the rest of the longneck down the drain, the sediment was dark brown. I think I'll have PTSD from this experience and flinch the next few times I come across a Coopers longie.

Cut to today, I jump on the chat on the boozebud website to let them know they sent me garbage beer. Expected them to apologise, and do something like offering to source a fresh case and give me a $20 voucher or similar. Nope, they didn't seem to care that they had sent me undrinkable beer. They're going to send me a return label and I'm gonna have to lug the case down to the post office to send back to them. I expect they'll put it back in the warehouse and send it off to the next poor person to order longies from them. Avoid these guys like the plague.

Not sure how to tag coopers this post but they might like to know that boozebud it sending out crappy beers with their name on it.

• Sad 4

I used to be a beer club member there when they 1st was i business but by the sounds of it they have gone skiing down hill fast

to Get beer sent to you like that is shocking and there response to you is pathetic in my opinion

They should have said to you   no worries we apologise we will get a fresh slab out   and we will send you a  return label at there expense

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

And coopers customer service got in touch with me. They're arranging a replacement case. Every interaction I have with this company is amazing. Nobody tell my wife but I think I'm falling in love.

Thats excellent, and not even their fault.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, terminal2k said:

And coopers customer service got in touch with me. They're arranging a replacement case. Every interaction I have with this company is amazing. Nobody tell my wife but I think I'm falling in love.

that is great  news and well done to  coopers customer service team 

i think boozebud should take a leaf out of coopers book   

for boozebud to send you a case of beer over 3 years old says alot for their quality control and customer service they should have.

i just hope coopers  has a little word in boozebuds ear  to say they are not happy they are selling stock over 3 years old

well done coopers 

and glad was great outcome for you @terminal2k

cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terminal2k said:

Yes that is correct, every attention to customer satisfaction seems to be their ultimate goal & why not, with a family tradition that goes back 150 years & world beating beer products you wouldn't expect any less. I have also found that any dealings with the company at any level to be none other than a pleasurable experience.

They know that & are proud of it.

• Like 5