Coopers Community

Travel Thread

ben 10

3 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

4Pines is a good place to start. For my 50th, SWMBO took me to Sydney for a day trip and 4Pines was the palce to start 🙂 Sydney is an odd place. It is a must-visit, with the Opera House, the Quay, Manly and the Rocks and any tourist claiming they were in Australia after spending 2 weeks in Cairns without at least seeing Sydney has no clue. But it is all too busy for my liking. You try window shopping on top of George St. and before you know it, the crowd has dragged you all the way down to the quay. Too hectic for my liking. I grew up in a small town of about 5,000 people. The only reason I can survive Brisbane is because it is just as busy as said 5,000 people town 🙂 

But there are or at least were at my last visit on said 50th, a few really good places around The Rocks and even further over to Darling Harbour. A lot of overpriced places too though. Don't worry about the Cross unless you go clubbing. I didn't even get hit up to buy drugs 🙂 

If you want to visit a place with some great breweries for the missus to drag you to by the ears, and a lot less hassle, come to Brissy 🙂 

Adelaide is a good to, nice, relaxed place, plenty of breweries in the city & environs & of course further out.

Some of the best beers in Australia come from Adelaide, I am sure Coopers would agree with me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

4Pines is a good place to start. For my 50th, SWMBO took me to Sydney for a day trip and 4Pines was the palce to start 🙂 Sydney is an odd place. It is a must-visit, with the Opera House, the Quay, Manly and the Rocks and any tourist claiming they were in Australia after spending 2 weeks in Cairns without at least seeing Sydney has no clue. But it is all too busy for my liking. You try window shopping on top of George St. and before you know it, the crowd has dragged you all the way down to the quay. Too hectic for my liking. I grew up in a small town of about 5,000 people. The only reason I can survive Brisbane is because it is just as busy as said 5,000 people town 🙂 

But there are or at least were at my last visit on said 50th, a few really good places around The Rocks and even further over to Darling Harbour. A lot of overpriced places too though. Don't worry about the Cross unless you go clubbing. I didn't even get hit up to buy drugs 🙂 

If you want to visit a place with some great breweries for the missus to drag you to by the ears, and a lot less hassle, come to Brissy 🙂 

mate growing up in hobart spending time in adelaide and melbourne   and i thought melbourne was packed city . man  just in a block in sydney would be half a suburb of people.  however as i am fairly big unit they move out my way quick enough...

not sure if this city is for me though

• Like 2

well waiting at Mascot Airport  and time to get out of china opps i mean Sydney  whats one do prop themselves up at the coppers ale house.  not huge selection but happy  just have a bread and butter   pale ale .

i'll save just about everything for later in the week   when i have bit of time  dwell on the past 10 days

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

well waiting at Mascot Airport  and time to get out of china opps i mean Sydney  whats one do prop themselves up at the coppers ale house.  not huge selection but happy  just have a bread and butter   pale ale .

i'll save just about everything for later in the week   when i have bit of time  dwell on the past 10 days

Please to hear you weren't abducted by pirates OD, I trust you had a good trip. 🏴‍☠️

• Like 2

On 4/11/2024 at 5:36 PM, Red devil 44 said:

Heading to Kingscliff NSW next week for a few days rest,  and the local has my favourite Balter XPA on tap, so I will slip in there for a few jars. 😜😜

‘Why not I say. 🍺🍺

Good an ya mate, sounds like a plan - Kingscliff is such a beautiful spot - enjoy!

Got back yesterday from our little trip to Kingscliff Northern NSW.

Lovely spot down there, long walk on the beach to work up a sweat, then washed it down with a Balter XPA & lunch at the local.

Also won $640 on keno so was a good trip all round. 🍺🍺😜😜🌴🌴

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Got back yesterday from our little trip to Kingscliff Northern NSW.

Lovely spot down there, long walk on the beach to work up a sweat, then washed it down with a Balter XPA & lunch at the local.

Also won $640 on keno so was a good trip all round. 🍺🍺😜😜🌴🌴

So, you covered your beer bill RD. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1