Coopers Community

Azacca Smash

Not much to follow being a SMASH. 😜

Yeast, expected ABV, ferment temp. Beyond that finding it hard to think of much else.

I think I have some Azacca in the back of the fridge atm on the back of Ben 10 talking it up, so will be interested in the outcome of this. 😎

Best of luck with the brew,

Lusty.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Hop weights and times I guess 😜

that's about it except  the malt of coarse as I haven't used this one before 

6kg Veloria schooner malt by Voyager

30g  Azacca  15minutes

30g 5minutes

at about 35 ibu's

Angel Yeast CS31

Double dry hop 70g each time of above hops cheers love the taste and aroma of Azacca  cheers 

Edited by therealthing691
  • Like 2

Thanks Hairy  I am trying the angel yeast for the first time . Has any one used it as the lalbrew I wanted to use is out of stock at the moment .What I have heard the veloria schonner malt and hop forward beers work well so I will give it a try .Also it is grown in Oz   Hope everyone has a great Christmas regards Brian

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 10:19 PM, Beerlust said:

Not much to follow being a SMASH. 😜

Yeast, expected ABV, ferment temp. Beyond that finding it hard to think of much else.

I think I have some Azacca in the back of the fridge atm on the back of Ben 10 talking it up, so will be interested in the outcome of this. 😎

Best of luck with the brew,

Lusty.

Will brew this on the week end  all ready to go cheers have a good week end all

well did the brew today was really pleased with the pump flow is the first time I have been able to run it full. Also the sparge run so freely I think this is because the grain was so fresh .I always chew a piece or 2 and was much crunchier then  normal more fresh I think. All in all BHE was at my norm 65% ish  but was a real easy brew. Also stepped the mash 30mins 64c  30 mins 66c  30mins 68c  and mash out 74c at 15mins  cheers happy brewing

Edited by therealthing691
  • Like 1

this seemed really fresh  is the first time I have used voyager Veloria schooner I think I will use more voyager malts in the future Aussie fresh .It seems to have a mild honey taste which I think will balance well in a hoppy pale ale  .This Angel yeast is a first as well it started in less then 20hrs  at 16.5c  and got a Krausen  about 10cm    . Will be waiting till the new year for a sample of this  cheers

Bottled it this morning I think the smell taste is as good if not better then the last Neipa I did and 2/5 of the hops .The colour is right on the mark for for a hazy Ipa this is out of the bucket not enough to fill the last stubby  .Hope  it  tastes as good as it is now when its carbed cheers

20191228_210539.jpg

• Like 7