Coopers Community

Citric Acid is amaze balls!

RDT2

Just used two table spoons of citric acid and two litres of water boiled it in my brewtech pot left it for 15 minutes to remove the crap off the bottom and it’s like brand new it peeled off so easily thought my pot was going to be discoloured forever. Wish I had taken a before shot I think it was Ottos idea so if anyone had the same issue It was so easy👍

E71F5FBB-42A5-491E-94E9-ED26D994D518.jpeg

• Like 1

Yep that stuff is brilliant for cleaning scale off boilers and such. Dad suggested it to me originally because he used some type of acid at work back in the day for cleaning scale off boilers. Whatever he used probably isn't easily obtained by the general public hence the citric acid suggestion. Does the job and can buy it easily. 

I use it in my urn after every batch. The boiling gets pretty much all the crap off the element cover, then I scrub the urn out with the acid solution once it cools enough. I also use it to clean my water still and the kitchen kettle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

I'm a grumpy, old man. I'm pleased citric acid has been an effective cleaning product. I'm so disappointed the term "amaze balls" was used to describe it. 😄

Shouldn’t you be in bed by now then 🤣 I could of said mintox I spose🤔

Edited by RDT2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yep that stuff is brilliant for cleaning scale off boilers and such. Dad suggested it to me originally because he used some type of acid at work back in the day for cleaning scale off boilers. Whatever he used probably isn't easily obtained by the general public hence the citric acid suggestion. Does the job and can buy it easily. 

I use it in my urn after every batch. The boiling gets pretty much all the crap off the element cover, then I scrub the urn out with the acid solution once it cools enough. I also use it to clean my water still and the kitchen kettle. 

How do toy find the best way to clean the kettle with it is? Sounds like a good idea to give mine a clean 🙂