Coopers Community

My NEIPA

PaddyBrew2

Brewed it Saturday and pitched the yeast . US 05.

OG was 1063

Activity on Sunday and monday, but noticed Tuesday the krausen was a thin layer on top of the wort. I use 05 in all of my brews and i usually get an inch krausen with foam. Its never volcanic or anything but the one on my NEIPA is pretty small compared to the others

Anyway took a reading last night as i was scheduled to do my first dry hop today. Didnt want to dry hop first in case i needed to re-add some yeasr in case it stalled.

Anyway reading was 1018 so obviously its fermenting away. I chucked in my first 90 gms of dry hop today .

Anyone have similar experiences with US05. I know its not gonna be volcanic but rarely have i seen it so thin and obviously it chewed through the yeast in no time for it to drop that fast 

3 hours ago, karlos_1984 said:

Care to share your NEIPA recipe?

Wouldn't mind brewing one.

Hey mate. It was the partial extract gash slugg recipe using a coopers APA tin. There’s a good video on YouTube where he does it step by step. Just google gash slugg neipa coopers 

2 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Hey mate. It was the partial extract gash slugg recipe using a coopers APA tin. There’s a good video on YouTube where he does it step by step. Just google gash slugg neipa coopers 

Ah Roger mate. Yeah I've watched that a few times. Looks the goods. It's on the to do list for sure. Hope yours turns out well.

Cheers mate. I added 500gms more of DME, 200 gms dex and my hops were 100 gms each of citra, Amarillo and centennial. 40 each whirlpool for 15 mins. Then dry hop the rest. Half at day three and rest at day seven. It’s smelling And looking the biz 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey mate. I have indeed. It’s delicious. Hoppy and fruity. Easy to drink. 6.8 %  

As it’s made with coopers APA extract the colour isn’t like what an all grain is like but that aside the taste is just as good. I paid $16 for a 500 ml can of NEIPA on the weekend and my one is nicer. 

7EA5EF3F-7669-42D6-A6C5-F5786A5A7113.jpeg

Well done mate! And that looks waaay better than my first attempt at an NEIPA. How do you find the US05 in it? Alot of people have said that it can't biotransform the early dry hop compounds like other yeasts can, do you think yours has that fruit juice character?

Nice one, i just put one on with US05 so will see how it turns out in a few weeks. The prefered yeast is Wyeast 1318 London Ale III. The last NEIPA i did, i used WLP008 East Coast Ale but i found it had a very spicy character to it, almost like spicy food heat without the flavour, so decided to try US05.

Archived