Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Even looks dodgy Mick, have they got Coopers? 😉

No, they haven't. My mail is to get onto the Beerlao Gold. (It's a beer okay!) Hard to find in the shops where I am but I'm told by one of our dear friends here at the forum it's worth the hunt.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

No, they haven't. My mail is to get onto the Beerlao Gold. (It's a beer okay!) Hard to find in the shops where I am but I'm told by one of our dear friends here at the forum it's worth the hunt.

Beerlao make some very good beers, I have tried Beerlao Gold and it is a nice drop, but all the Beerlao beers that I have tried are good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

I wonder why it failed to carbonate what temp did you store them at?

Beats me. Every beer gets sent to my conditioning cave where the Inkbird controls a couple of heaters keeping the temperature at a minimum of 18.5 degrees.

The other five bottles I've opened (3 primed with sugar & 2 primed with carbonation drops) were all carbonated. I can only conclude that the scoop didn't fill when I primed that bottle. I usually mark the cap if I think something might have gone awry but there was nothing on that cap to indicate anything had gone wrong.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kegory said:

Beats me. Every beer gets sent to my conditioning cave where the Inkbird controls a couple of heaters keeping the temperature at a minimum of 18.5 degrees.

The other five bottles I've opened (3 primed with sugar & 2 primed with carbonation drops) were all carbonated. I can only conclude that the scoop didn't fill when I primed that bottle. I usually mark the cap if I think something might have gone awry but there was nothing on that cap to indicate anything had gone wrong.

Have you got any more primed with dextrose? If so open one of them

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Back Brewing said:

Have you got any more primed with dextrose? If so open one of them

I would have if I could have but they are all earmarked for other challenges. One is for the head to head priming challenge and the rest are for the bottle tipping oxidization challenges (oxidation takes time to make itself known, apparently, unless you are dealing with a super hoppy beer).

Besides, I've already finished the Asahi.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kegory said:

I would have if I could have but they are all earmarked for other challenges. One is for the head to head priming challenge and the rest are for the bottle tipping oxidization challenges (oxidation takes time to make itself known, apparently, unless you are dealing with a super hoppy beer).

Besides, I've already finished the Asahi.

👍

1 hour ago, Kegory said:

Beerlao Premium Lager Beer

IMG_20230926_185744292.thumb.jpg.a279770276a3486330d5118317270f88.jpg

I got this from where I get Singha. Is this the Beerlao Gold you are referring to @Tricky Micky & @kmar92?

It's not bad. I've almost got a full set of Singha bottles now so if this bottle seems to have sufficient density I may start collecting them.

No, it is as you said it is Beerlao Premium Lager.

Beerlao Gold looks like this.

beerlao-gold-hi-res.png

• Like 4