Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It does, I made contact with them a while ago & got the beer tap handles from them & get their emails, apparently Beer Cartel have it, but it is sh**load expensive.

I reckon I might grab a bottle or two out of curiosity. Sounds right up my alley.

F the expense you only live once 😄

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I reckon I might grab a bottle or two out of curiosity. Sounds right up my alley.

F the expense you only live once 😄

Rich Ba....... 🤣

They have the cans & its 11.9% ABV.  Not sure if it's the same one, OH, they are $23.00 a can. 🤔

Brewery: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Style: Imperial/Double Stout

Format: 470ml Can

ABV: 11.9%

Barrel-Aged Narwhal is our deliciously dark Imperial Stout aged in Kentucky bourbon barrels. Barrel aging is a strange science; it mellows some characteristics of the original beer while intensifying others. Narwhal's aggressive roastiness has calmed, but the rich, chocolate-like malt backbone is brought to the fore. Black as midnight, this intense stout is complex with notes of cocoa and espresso balanced with hints of vanilla and toasted coconut from the oak casks. Nearly as rare as it's nautical namesake, try Barrel-Aged Narwhal while you can because like the creature itself, it will soon dive into the depths and leave nary a trace behind.

__Sierra_Nevada_Barrel-Aged_Narwhal_Impe

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It does, I made contact with them a while ago & got the beer tap handles from them & get their emails, apparently Beer Cartel have it, but it is sh**load expensive.

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Rich Ba....... 🤣

They have the cans & its 11.9% ABV.

__Sierra_Nevada_Barrel-Aged_Narwhal_Impe

Ive just looked at the price and its even way out of my extravagant beer budget. I'd love to, but I just cant justify that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Back Brewing said:

Is that a pub or brewery 

They call it a brewpub now. They used to call it a microbrewery but it's expanded a bit. They do food now and cans are available online and in some stores. When they started up the only take aways were canned and capped on demand behind the bar. Stay tuned for more pics (hopefully in focus, I didn't have my glasses).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

More specials from the $2 bin.

They’re go to beer. Lord Nelson Brewery’s “Three Sheets Pale Ale”. Very nice. Perfect bitterness and fruitiness. Luckily got myself two more of those.

IMG_7742.jpeg

IMG_7743.jpeg

I wish my locals had a $2 bin. You're getting some good deals there.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

More specials from the $2 bin.

They’re go to beer. Lord Nelson Brewery’s “Three Sheets Pale Ale”. Very nice. Perfect bitterness and fruitiness. Luckily got myself two more of those.

IMG_7742.jpeg

IMG_7743.jpeg

Some of them look like bargains given the ABV & can size, I have access to several similar venues but mostly the clearance items are sours, fruit beers etc. although I have done pretty well in the past.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

First choice Liquor, they rearranged their set up and must have made space, normally their bin is not so plentiful 

We have 3 of those in Adelaide but the closest one to me is 8km away, sort of defeats the purpose as I have a Dann Murphy's 900m away & 6 others to choose from within 2km.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

First choice Liquor, they rearranged their set up and must have made space, normally their bin is not so plentiful 

Hmm, maybe I should visit my brother more often, there's one near there. I've been there a few times, I'll have to keep an eye out for the bargain bin next time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

This one is strange, most beautiful thick and creamy head and great flavour, but where are the bubbles? Just not into Nitro beers, even so I used to like Guinness from the tap. Are tap beers more carbonated?

IMG_7744.jpeg

IMG_7747.jpeg

It is the style mate meant to be low carbed with the nitro giving a creamy head! Caffreys is the same!

• Like 2