Coopers Community

Plaato Kickstarter

Norris!

Good find see it's already had over $100,000 in pledges.

I won't be getting one as most of my CO2 leaks out the seals and I'm to tight to spend that sort of money on an airlock.

But it's a great idea.

I don't think it would connect to my modem from inside my fermentation fridge that is inside my shed 20 metres away from the house.

What is the price anyway??

Youngie

I think it was 99 dollars

• 1 year later...
31 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

That’s pretty cool......... but not for me. Unless it can tell me what the fermentation is doing from 1800kms away.

It can, connects to your home internet and relays the information to Phone application.

I never heard of it, but it looks just as cool and does the same things, nice. Now the next step would be to have it all in one as a fermenter with these readings and temp control....but I am sure someone way smarter than me has done that already.

The trick would be to make it cheap enough and well made enough for mass consumption to replace the fermenters and fermentation chambers used now, fridges etc.  Something around 250 or so that ferments,cools and tracks the beer? Maybe even $300. That would be a steal but still a large investment to start off with for most compared to a kit and kilo and a $20 bucket. Great age to live in.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:12 PM, Hairy said:

Have any of you on here used the Tilt hydrometer?

Yep, been using one for about 6 months. Pretty good. Not great at telling you the exact fg but very good at telling you when fermentation starts in earnest, approximating dry hop time and telling you when it's done. 

2 minutes ago, Wobbly74 said:

Yep, been using one for about 6 months. Pretty good. Not great at telling you the exact fg but very good at telling you when fermentation starts in earnest, approximating dry hop time and telling you when it's done. 

So you still take gravity samples?

6 hours ago, Hairy said:

So you still take gravity samples?

Only at the very end - it's either done what it's going to do or would need further attention. But you would be able to see a stall fairly easily. It's also able to be integrated with brewpi/fermentrack if you use a raspberry pi for temp control. 

Archived