Coopers Community

Shipwreck beer found

CanuckDownUnder

It was probably better left down there as it appears more appealing to the wildlife there than anything I'd wish to drink! sick

I feel sorry for the poor ba@#$%d who was stupid enough to open the bottle & take a swill from it believing it might actually taste good! lol

Maybe it was this fella? Linky.

biggrin

Cheers,

Lusty.

Haha reminds me of the James May / Oz Clarke beer tour of Britain show where they try 100 year old beer brewed for the royal family. Having said that, my English Stout is tasting pretty good after 8 months in the bottle, wonder what another 169 years would do for it?

Discovered some stout I made more than 10 years back. After tasting it I thought it was no worse than the last time I tasted it........ no better either. It was drinkable which I guess is all that matters.

I found some of that Sheaf Stout in Dans' a while back. Decided to get a bottle to try it' date=' wasn't the greatest in the world. Kinda tasted like the OS Stout kit! [img']lol[/img]

I actually quite like Sheaf Stout. It isn't as good as a Coopers Best Extra Stout but it is good little beer.

I have 2 dozen cans of Swan Lager from about 1985,I didn't like the taste then and I doubt I would like it any better today!biggrin

As for 170 year old shipwreck beer,well you wouldn't get me drinking that stuff,but then again I have drunk quite a lot of VB over the years and it hasn't killed metongue

Cheers

N'oz

I found some of that Sheaf Stout in Dans' a while back. Decided to get a bottle to try it' date=' wasn't the greatest in the world. Kinda tasted like the OS Stout kit! [img']lol[/img]

I actually quite like Sheaf Stout. It isn't as good as a Coopers Best Extra Stout but it is good little beer.

Yep, Sheaf Stout and Tooheys Old are underrated beers IMO.

Would not drink 100 years old though lol

As for 170 year old shipwreck beer' date='well you wouldn't get me drinking that stuff,but then again I have drunk quite a lot of VB over the years and it hasn't killed me[img']tongue[/img]

...yet!! tongue

Wait for it, VB has quite a cruel Karma. lol

In what could only be considered "a bizarre & unfortunate situation", if you are placing me in a position where I am forced to drink that stuff, please have the decency to knock me out before pouring it down my throat. sick

lol

Lusty.

As for 170 year old shipwreck beer' date='well you wouldn't get me drinking that stuff,but then again I have drunk quite a lot of VB over the years and it hasn't killed me[img']tongue[/img]

...yet!! tongue

Wait for it, VB has quite a cruel Karma. lol

In what could only be considered "a bizarre & unfortunate situation", if you are placing me in a position where I am forced to drink that stuff, please have the decency to knock me out before pouring it down my throat. sick

lol

Lusty.

Wouldn't do that to you Lusty,I'd try camel pee first.w00t

Cheers

N'oz

Hi Nigelinoz. smile

Wouldn't do that to you Lusty' date='I'd try camel pee first.[img']w00t[/img]

lol

VB <------> camel pee, is there a discernible difference? unsure

Maybe because one source comes from a camel? lol

Being a former VB drinker Nige, I can certainly see where you draw the comparisons. Hehe! tongue

biggrin

Cheers & good brewing Nigelinoz,

Lusty.

Archived