Sign in to follow this  
King Ruddager

My big rides (fomerly: "Maximum disappointment")

Congrats mate' date=' great effort. At that pace you could slay the Indian Pacific Wheel Race in about 10 days!! [img']lol[/img]biggrincool

For the sake of comparison, Davin Harding was there and he managed 640kms to my 610. He only spent 1 hour stationary as well, to my two and a half.

So I don't enjoy running but I've been looking forward to doing a half marathon next weekend.

One week to go though and I can only hobble about the house on account of catching hand foot and mouth disease from my son's daycare. It's not exactly the best preparation ?

That’ll teach you for signing up to a half marathon KR!

i used to run, until I rediscovered the joy of two wheels about 4 years ago. Turns out I am much better suited to cycling than running. Bike/wheels/kit/etc is a bit more expensive than a pair of running shoes though!

Yeah I don't even like running - cycling kills it. I just kinda decided to do a marathon so that's the path I'm on

2 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

So I don't enjoy running but I've been looking forward to doing a half marathon next weekend.

One week to go though and I can only hobble about the house on account of catching hand foot and mouth disease from my son's daycare. It's not exactly the best preparation ?

mate I feel ya. I caught HFM disease 2 years ago from my son. I honestly though that wass for cows only before I caught it.

got over it after 3 days but was under quarantine for a week just in case. Looked after the little fella at same time, he was bouncing off the walls and I was dying on the couch. Tough times

enjoy the marathon where abouts is it?

Well enjoy the recovery from HFnM (hate the feeling of splinters in my hands and feet, that was the best way I could describe the pain) Good luck in the marathon

Next weekend I'll be in Victor Harbour having a few bevvies with the Renmark lads.

I remember reading somewhere that beer is as good as Gatorade, so remember to keep up the hydration levels

Did I mention that I did my half marathon last September? Now to do a full 42.2kms (or whatever it is) in May.

1 hour ago, King Ruddager said:

Now to do a full 42.2kms (or whatever it is) in May.

That's only 1.36kms per day. Easy!!

• Haha 6