Coopers Community

Another crazy idea is forming ...

• 2 years later...

Found myself thinking about this again ... I reckon I'll give it another go. Looks like the thing that stopped me last time was the ol' nelson shortage, but that seems to be over. I'll probably just go with 100% pilsner malt, shoot for 20-25 IBUS and try and balance the nelson / oak / kiwi fruit flavour based on what I said earlier in this thread.

1 hour ago, King Ruddager said:

Found myself thinking about this again ... I reckon I'll give it another go. Looks like the thing that stopped me last time was the ol' nelson shortage, but that seems to be over. I'll probably just go with 100% pilsner malt, shoot for 20-25 IBUS and try and balance the nelson / oak / kiwi fruit flavour based on what I said earlier in this thread.

That actually sounds pretty good Ruddy. 

Captain

• 2 weeks later...

I did make this by the way. I think I used 95.5% pilsner malt (the new Coopers one) and 4.5% carapils ... just because.

Put the yeast in on Wednesday night and now I'm wondering if Monday will be too early to add the kiwi fruit, oak chips and dry hops. In fact ... yeah, the answer's going to be "yes" to that. The video release will just have to wait!

17 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

You could take inspiration from the wines of Sancerre, which are a far cry from most NZ sauv blanc.

Cloudy Bay (NZ) Sauvignon Blanc is regarded as one of the top Sauvignon Blanc's in the southern hemisphere. They have an oaked version known as "Te Koko".  I was lucky enough to sample this wine a number of years ago along with meeting & chatting with one of their winemakers.  It is an interesting drop, but not for my tastes.

Interesting that NZ wine producers are allowed to add sugar (if they wish) into the processes of producing their wines, whereas here in Australia it is prohibited.

I've had some terrific wine from the Loire Valley. ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived