Coopers Community

Yobs parcel has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry Ned, forgetting to take an OG won't stuff up your brew. The beer will taste the same whether you took a reading or not.

The only impact is that you won't have an accurate alcohol calculation. But when doing kits and extract brews it is pretty easy to estimate OG to give you a ball park figure.

thanks hairy..swmbo reckons she will be able to tell me if its too strong lol

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont stress ned-a-saurus.. it'll be fairly bullet proof, take it as you usually would, the only real difference is that this brew is an all malt brew with some lovely fresh grain to boot, and will have a bit of hop to spice it up.

Rela mate, go easy on yourself.

How did it smell when you were boiling it up? [biggrin]

Dont stress ned-a-saurus.. it'll be fairly bullet proof, take it as you usually would, the only real difference is that this brew is an all malt brew with some lovely fresh grain to boot, and will have a bit of hop to spice it up.

ooooh it was nice !!!!even swmbo liked it lol.....i cant wait to try it lol.....i got anothe APA yesterdasy gunna use rest of grain to do another the same.......yeah you can laugh lol...sucking me into this more and more every day lol.

ooooh it was nice !!!!even swmbo liked it lol.....i cant wait to try it lol.....i got anothe APA yesterdasy gunna use rest of grain to do another the same.......yeah you can laugh lol...sucking me into this more and more every day lol.

It must be a chick thing, they mostly seem to like hoppy beer? WTF?[unsure]

It must be a chick thing, they mostly seem to like hoppy beer? WTF?[unsure]

nah she just smelt the grain boiling...she wont drink beer at all...shes a "bourbon Beast"...suits me more beer for me[biggrin]

This brew won't last long though [biggrin]

Well done on jumping in with both feet

thankyou Lord but i cant take the credit...all Yobs influence[biggrin] and it may last a little while i got to do a lil bit of hospital...but it will be in the bottle a good few weeks when i do get to it......[lol]

G'day Fellas,

I just want to say good on ya Ned for having a go!!! And well done Yob for setting him up with the goods and know-how.

Ned I get the feeling you are in for a real treat!!! [cool] [biggrin]

G'day Fellas,

I just want to say good on ya Ned for having a go!!! And well done Yob for setting him up with the goods and know-how.

Ned I get the feeling you are in for a real treat!!! [cool] [biggrin]

thanks wal yes i got the feeling i am too.:)

I reckon with some of the more negative stuff going on, we should all take a minute to read through this thread and remind ourselves that the spirit of the forum is still going strong, and its members are as enthusiastic, grateful, and supportive as ever.

Without wanting to sound like too much of a hippy, the dialogue and developing friendship between Yob and Ned has really been wonderful to follow. This is what it's all about, and it makes me proud to be a member of this community. [crying] [happy]

BTW, Yob, I've also seen a thread over on AHB where you were offering to pass on quantities of very hard-to-get hops to fellow brewers with no profit to yourself. Try and be the cranky uncle all you like, we see through it. [lol]

Anyhow, good luck Ned, and everyone else. I'm off to continue testing my new discovery: My IPA which is full of fusels ain't half bad when mixed 50/50 with an APA which came out under carbed!!! [lol] [lol] [happy] [happy]

I reckon with some of the more negative stuff going on, we should all take a minute to read through this thread and remind ourselves that the spirit of the forum is still going strong, and its members are as enthusiastic, grateful, and supportive as ever.

Without wanting to sound like too much of a hippy, the dialogue and developing friendship between Yob and Ned has really been wonderful to follow. This is what it's all about, and it makes me proud to be a member of this community. [crying] [happy]

BTW, Yob, I've also seen a thread over on AHB where you were offering to pass on quantities of very hard-to-get hops to fellow brewers with no profit to yourself. Try and be the cranky uncle all you like, we see through it. [lol]

Anyhow, good luck Ned, and everyone else. I'm off to continue testing my new discovery: My IPA which is full of fusels ain't half bad when mixed 50/50 with an APA which came out under carbed!!! [lol] [lol] [happy] [happy]

thanks phil im really appreciating the help im getting from Yob but also all the hints, tips ideas etc from all of you blokes...im just a noob to the hops etc but its going to be a buzz i reckon. after i come home i intend to get into things a whole lot more. cheers Nedg

thanks phil im really appreciating the help im getting from Yob but also all the hints, tips ideas etc from all of you blokes...im just a noob to the hops etc but its going to be a buzz i reckon. after i come home i intend to get into things a whole lot more. cheers Nedg

Awesome Ned. And good work Yob.+1 to the nice posts above. It's the good will and fellowship that makes brewing more than just making beer. [happy]

Awesome Ned. And good work Yob.+1 to the nice posts above. It's the good will and fellowship that makes brewing more than just making beer. [happy]

yes i agree with you mate..i obviously get loads of info on here but i also benefit from the cyber company, get a few giggles and the best part is you know the guys on the other end enjoy a beer as much if not more than i do. cheers all,Nedg

yes i agree with you mate..i obviously get loads of info on here but i also benefit from the cyber company, get a few giggles and the best part is you know the guys on the other end enjoy a beer as much if not more than i do. cheers all,Nedg

2 basic sentences that capture the very essense of this forum. Good on you Yob and Ned

2 basic sentences that capture the very essense of this forum. Good on you Yob and Ned

oh and i forgot to mention the joys of getting roped into stuff like hops and grain STC1000...to mention but a couple lol, cheers fellas...and its only the biginning lol

swmbo is larfing her butt off..she reckons when shes sick i wont bother to get up and wrap her in a blanket but my brew looks abit "off" and im up all thru the nite checking temps,makinmg sure towell is roun d the fv...haha guess shes right[roll] [pinched] [crying] [biggrin] [lol] [bandit]

swmbo is larfing her butt off..she reckons when shes sick i wont bother to get up and wrap her in a blanket but my brew looks abit "off" and im up all thru the nite checking temps' date='makinmg sure towell is roun d the fv...haha guess shes right[roll'] [pinched] [crying] [biggrin] [lol] [bandit]

It just shows what your priorities are [biggrin]

swmbo is larfing her butt off..she reckons when shes sick i wont bother to get up and wrap her in a blanket but my brew looks abit "off" and im up all thru the nite checking temps' date='makinmg sure towell is roun d the fv...haha guess shes right[roll'] [pinched] [crying] [biggrin] [lol] [bandit]

It just shows what your priorities are [biggrin]

hahahahaha thats what she said lol

[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] It sounds like you are in the right place here Ned...!!!

[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] It sounds like you are in the right place here Ned...!!!

sorry i missed this post of yours Wal...yes i am in the right place to be sure...even swmbo likes it..she says it keeps me off the streets [lol] im abit like you Wal...im happy to do my bottling etc...i have the time to potter round the place..im finding it just plain ole fun [biggrin] ...and i get to drink better beer to boot.[cool]

Well The Yobster brew is sitting at 22c...i hopped it last nite..i took sg today and it was 1010......tomorrow ill take another reading then its going into the fridge for at least three days, maybe more....then ill bottle and cant bloody wait to try it but im going to save this one for my coming home prezzie to myself. Cheers Yob ive really appreciated all youve done for me to learn this stuff...and of course big thanks to all on the forum.[biggrin] p.s i will be having a yaste at the one week bottled mark but thats about it.....im getting another fv friday to kick off another APA also....

Archived