Coopers Community

Yobs parcel has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good stuff Ned. Brew away!

Did Yob send instructions with it?

he has sent me an email what to do but now i got to find it......toldyas i was a dumass on comps...and most all else now i think about it lol. i was just rapt it got here so quick...itching to get going but if i dont find email ill wait for yob...im following this recipe to the letter.:)

swmbo was laughing cos she reckons i was hopping round like a big kid once parcel arrived. i know most on here will have been through all this years ago but im quite excited about this new venture into hops etc:)

[biggrin]

[lol] enjoy it mate...

He's heading for an overnight steep, small boil.. trying to keep it pretty easy, just to show that you dont have to do much or have a shed load of equipment to make a big difference in the quality of the beer that can be made.

Wish I was there to watch [innocent]

Cheers Ned-a-saurus

You don't need a lot of equipment at all to make decent beer. I generally do All Grain but I think I spent $20 on my first all grain setup which was a BIAB on the stove in a 20L Big W pot.

Cheap, simple and great tasting beer. It is nice to have the shed full of equipment tho [ninja]

[lol] enjoy it mate...

He's heading for an overnight steep, small boil.. trying to keep it pretty easy, just to show that you dont have to do much or have a shed load of equipment to make a big difference in the quality of the beer that can be made.

Wish I was there to watch [innocent]

Cheers Ned-a-saurus

woohoo just went to get the grain out of the liquid....no strainer..how can a swmbo not own a strainer lol...i double "collandered" it swmbo gunna buy strainer this arvo lol

do lid is back on and ill wait for strainer onya Yob[biggrin]

All going well in an hour or so ill be well into the new APA being cooked to yobs specs.....any ideas for a name???i was thinking The Yobster

Since it arrived in the mail how about:

"Yob's Big Package"

I'm sure he would like that [innocent]

Damn!!! i strained the grains, mixed in 500g of LDM, pitched at 18c.....did i remember to take OG..you bet i didnt grrrrr...ah well its in the laundry tub with pet bottles of ice, and gunna just have to sit a spell...day 4 in with the hops...all gonig well this is the beer ill crack when i get home from hospital..wooot.

Try Googleizing brewcraft.net and follow the links to the calculator. When you are there, hit "add to favourites" and you will have it for next time.

Its great if you want to play with the ABV before you brew, as you can add and subtract different sugars and malts and it will tell you the aprox OG, FG and ABV

Cheers Ned[biggrin]

Try Googleizing brewcraft.net and follow the links to the calculator. When you are there, hit "add to favourites" and you will have it for next time.

Its great if you want to play with the ABV before you brew, as you can add and subtract different sugars and malts and it will tell you the aprox OG, FG and ABV

Cheers Ned[biggrin]

did do thanks nick....i was angry with myself...dont want this brew to stuff up...

Don't worry Ned, forgetting to take an OG won't stuff up your brew. The beer will taste the same whether you took a reading or not.

The only impact is that you won't have an accurate alcohol calculation. But when doing kits and extract brews it is pretty easy to estimate OG to give you a ball park figure.

Archived