Coopers Community

Yobs parcel has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well brew is in the fridge for first day, i intend to take out sunday and bottle. putting down another brew today in my new f.v...might make a double batch next week before i go to hospital.....should be well in front by the time i get home...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok gang i bottled The Yobster Ale today....after 3 days cold crash infridge i had a taste before bottling...Holy Cow !!!!!!bloody awesome...ive got 16 days to go before hospital trip...am i gunna be able to resist...no bloody way lol

he. he... when it gets over a month old (IF) you will be in [love]

[lol]

i hope it lasts thaqt long !!!!!

ill have to make another one the same if i cant make it last a month......it will actually better because if i can behave it will be round 7 weeks or more before i can get to it...im a winner no matter how it goes lol

Again I don't want to hijack the love on this thread but I also don't like starting new threads soooo....today I went to the LHS and bought some carapils and caramunich(?) 500g of each. I am wanting to take that next step but......I also have started to build up a variety of hops in the freezer. Thing is I now can't seem to find a recipe that requires any of the cara's. [crying] [crying] . Also what else do I need to start looking into [biggrin]

Andy, if you read the specs from Weyermann it will tell ou that Caramunich is used in bocks and Oktoberfest beers. But really you can just use it in a recipe as a replacement for a light crystal malt. It is a malty crystal grain.

And carapils can be used in pretty much every recipe. Just add 200g in a batch to help with body and head retention.

Andy, if you read the specs from Weyermann it will tell ou that Caramunich is used in bocks and Oktoberfest beers. But really you can just use it in a recipe as a replacement for a light crystal malt. It is a malty crystal grain.

And carapils can be used in pretty much every recipe. Just add 200g in a batch to help with body and head retention.

and beleive me when you first boil them up....your hooked [lol] [biggrin]

make sure you keep at least 2 of those bottles aside for 2.5-3 months Ned... [w00t]

Ive gotta make the long haul now out to the shed to get some more of that Apollo Ale... man thats got good

FACT

you are an evil man [lol] yes i promised myself ill leave one crate for my homecoming prezzie...mind you i reckon in a day or two i ll be cracking one lol...im all out of stock

Nedasurus... 2 FV's mate!! I never was able to get in front with just the 1.. and I found the 3 was a full time job [roll] [lol] [bandit]

i do have 2 fv's...i bought another last weekfor my "almost Yobster Ale"...i also have two double barrel f.v's too...when i come home weekends from hospital they reckon i should try and do some hobbies......drinking will be out for a ferw weeks but brewing wont be ...ive been washing bottles ready for my homecoming...gunna try and make it as easy as i can...but i WILL be making my brews...my chance to get ahead.[biggrin]

[w00t] Thats the Spirit soldier... will you have enough fridge space to contain those monsters?

Better use that time to convert the caravan to a coolroom I rekon [lol]

hey !!!now theres an idea lolol[lol] i was trying to email you but my net is abit slow tonite and i couldnt get in....nevermind im sure youd have an idea what was on my mind [lol] [lol] [lol]

Actually one of my son in laws mates builds coolrooms etc...hes offered to score me a heap of coolroom materials........any plans would be gratefully read if you have any ideas for a design

[biggrin] ive known him a couple of years but didnt know he was a fridgy till xmas eve....my new best friend lol....naaaah hes a wake up to me but hes a hoot and said he can get me as much as i want...ill have to think about it carefully and build something ican put on a trailort etc.....make a portable coolroom....

Archived