Coopers Community

New Beer Ingredient

Hairy

Since I posted this in Brewing Blether I should make it relevant [innocent]

What is the weirdest ingredient you have used in your brewing?

Mine is Maltodextrin powder. I know, I am not very adventurous but it tasted weird [innocent]

Brew Enhancer 1 is about as weird as I have got so far.

However I am about to try a brew with the spice cardamom in place of hops to see what that is like. I dropped a few cardamom seeds into a few stubbies I bottled recently & the aroma was amazing so a mate & I are going to have a crack at a whole brew.

If it turns out (insert expletive here) I have told him he has to drink the lot [rightful]

Cheers for the heads up Hairy. Although, I don't think I could stomach the slicing up part [crying]

Would "Great Dividing Range Oysters" be kangaroo nuts? [lol]

To answer the weirdest ingredient - probably the Gluten Free beer i just put down.

I got my Kola nut powder today. Am about to head off to see what it tastes like. Smells quite interesting [pouty]

I just saw this article about a new beer ingredient. Its a beer with balls [biggrin]

Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout

I reckon there are a few blokes on the forum at the moment that could benefit from a few glasses of this stuff Hairy. At worst, after enough of them, it might give a few enough "Dutch Courage" to stand up to SWMBO & get their brew fridge or their second FV!! [lol] [lol]

card-thumb10813819.jpg

Not good gentleman, not good. [pinched]

Anthony. [biggrin]

Oyster Stout has been around for a while... not sayin it aint weird though

Those aren't real oysters in the beer; those are Rocky Mountain oysters. The kind Chad is likely to munch on [biggrin]

I was waiting for someone to mention me in this thread[alien] [crying] . I can't say I've ever munched a nut that looks like that![sick]

Oyster Stout has been around for a while... not sayin it aint weird though

Those aren't real oysters in the beer; those are Rocky Mountain oysters. The kind Chad is likely to munch on [biggrin]

I was waiting for someone to mention me in this thread[alien] [crying] . I can't say I've ever munched a nut that looks like that![sick]

Sorry Chad, if there were more regular/active Canadian posters on here I would have shared it around. But it seems you are the one left flying the maple leaf flag.

Archived