Coopers Community

Good score....sort of

Nick

One of the casuals came back to work today for the first time since xmas and told me that he had 3 cartons of empty corona's for me that he had saved over xmas and new year.

I vaguely remember him saying he would keep them for me and i asked them if he had given them a quick rinse. Um, yep Nicko he says, so i gave him my car keys and he put them in the back.

I got home at 4.30 and i only just finished cleaning them! I also have enough dried and withered bits of lemon and lime to mulch the garden bed under the kitchen window.

My backs aching from standing at the sink for so long and my sooky arthritic right shoulder is burning from all the bottle brush action, but at least the APA mid strength that i am bottling on the weekend will have a home, without me raiding the bottle bank[biggrin]

Good score Nick!

You should have just soaked them in a tub filed with a sodium percarbonate solution whilst you put your feet up and watched the cricket.

But I still can't believe someone managed to drink 3 cartons of Corona, I usually have to stop after a couple of sips [biggrin]

Haha Nick. [lol]

I hear ya though. I've been there & done that. [crying]

I try to avoid taking bottles from anyone else, for the exact reason you stated. It ends up 3 times the amount of work to get them clean. [pinched]

A little word of advice for next time you take a load of empties off a mate though, when cleaning them, use your "Off arm" for the bottle brush action, so that when they are all clean, and that shoulder & arm are failing, at least your drinking arm is still working perfectly for one of those times when you need it most! [lol] [wink]

I generally consider if I run out of empty bottles, it means I'm not drinking fast enough! [biggrin]

Gotta love digging out those dry crusty lemons! [pinched]

Anthony.

Good score Nick!

You should have just soaked them in a tub filed with a sodium percarbonate solution whilst you put your feet up and watched the cricket.

But I still can't believe someone managed to drink 3 cartons of Corona, I usually have to stop after a couple of sips [biggrin]

Hairy, i used to drink corona like my life depended on it until i saw the light. I still have a few stubbies in the fridge left over from my camping trip in early dec when my home brew stocks ran out and i was forced to buy a "tide me over on the last day" carton.

The only choice i had in the bush town nearby, apart from corona was a couple of species of XXXX, VB or carlton mid[sick]

I have been getting rid of them slowly by mixing them with some earflapper Unreal ale that i made a few months ago. The only shocker that i have made so far[pinched]

bollox to all of that.

1: Cut the handle off your bottle brush.

2: Place the shank of the bottle brush in a Battery drill

3: Put brush into bottle

4: Squeeze trigger

Bottle is clean in moments with little effort [bandit]

Haha Nick. [lol]

I hear ya though. I've been there & done that. [crying]

I try to avoid taking bottles from anyone else, for the exact reason you stated. It ends up 3 times the amount of work to get them clean. [pinched]

A little word of advice for next time you take a load of empties off a mate though, when cleaning them, use your "Off arm" for the bottle brush action, so that when they are all clean, and that shoulder & arm are failing, at least your drinking arm is still working perfectly for one of those times when you need it most! [lol] [wink]

I generally consider if I run out of empty bottles, it means I'm not drinking fast enough! [biggrin]

Gotta love digging out those dry crusty lemons! [pinched]

Anthony.

Lucky i am ambidextrous Lusty, I am soothing myself with a number of medicinal draughts as we speak...er, type[biggrin]

bollox to all of that.

1: Cut the handle off your bottle brush.

2: Place the shank of the bottle brush in a Battery drill

3: Put brush into bottle

4: Squeeze trigger

Bottle is clean in moments with little effort [bandit]

No word of a lie Yob, i have actually thought of that, but i didnt think any one else was a mad as me.

One of my many mantra's is "Laziness is the mother of invention"

You have now inspired me[lol]

cant remember where I heard it but it works a treat, Ive used that method almost since the very beginning [cool]

I cant take the credit for it, just happy to suggest it to others and save them the pain.

A good soak in perc is always advised too, will eat/loosen anything organic. The brush/drill will finish them off in no time.

Cheers

I soaked some of mine in napisan earlier, got em nice and clean and sparkly. And also loosened all the labels so they came right off too which was handy. [lol] I'm soaking them in the tub with napisan, 12 at a time as I go through drinking them.. it'll probably take me half the year to get them all done but of course, most of them are full of beer anyway.

I soaked some of mine in napisan earlier' date=' got em nice and clean and sparkly. And also loosened all the labels so they came right off too which was handy. [lol'] I'm soaking them in the tub with napisan, 12 at a time as I go through drinking them.. it'll probably take me half the year to get them all done but of course, most of them are full of beer anyway.

There is something strangely satisfying about turning a bunch of festy bottles, full of cockroach bits, unidentifyable semi composted organic biosolids and crusty yeast poo, into sparklingly clean recepticles, ready to care for the next batch of lovingly nurtured best ever beer.

I am getting quite attached to my growing stash. I reckon the quality and quantity of his bottles[cool] says as much about a brewer as his beer

What I would love, is for me to be in a position one day (very soon) where I could take EVERY single bottle I currently have down to the recycle depot, & them hand me a cheque that would cover the cost of a kegerator setup! [lol]

A guy can have a dream can't he? [biggrin]

I adopt the "Pantene theory" to this. "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!" [lol]

Anthony.

I adopt the "Pantene theory" to this. "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!" [lol]

A few months back, most of my stubbies were a variety of twist tops. They have slowly been replaced with Corona's, but i will hopefully replace them over time with coloured stubbies, such as JS, asahi, Beez neez and little creatures. my collection is building.

Its a work in progress Lust

I'm gradually replacing my twist tops with pry off varieties. Mainly of the Squire type, but I think I might have to get some of that Sierra Nevada at some point as well. Although I would like them eventually to be all the same size and type, because I bulk prime I'm not that worried about size. I might even try and get my hands on a few 500mL bottles in case I feel like a pint instead of a schooner sometimes.

Picked up a dozen or so Asahi bottles from a nearby sushi place last night, after asking when I got some takeaway at the weekend. They have my number and have said they'll call me when they have a decent amount to collect...score! I have a few Little Creatures bottles, but the Asahi ones seem slightly heavier.

But trust me' date=' it's not as bad as it sounds [/quote']

Im with you Boogs, Ive got 14 crates of rinsed empties in the cellar (just in case) and Im slowly finishing off the rest of the bottles. Im slowly giving away all the twist tops and keeping all my Coopers Crownies, I will still use them for case swaps etc that I get involved with I rekon.

Ive got 4 kegs full, another 6 to fill + a 9lt blend keg..

Rockin the cazbar [ninja]

Talking of good scores and kegs.

Found out over xmas, a friend set up a keg system for their office, has sinced moved office and all just sitting in a storeroom.

No idea on what gear they have but going to have a check if any of it is usable. [happy]

But trust me' date=' it's not as bad as it sounds [/quote']

Im with you Boogs, Ive got 14 crates of rinsed empties in the cellar (just in case) and Im slowly finishing off the rest of the bottles. Im slowly giving away all the twist tops and keeping all my Coopers Crownies, I will still use them for case swaps etc that I get involved with I rekon.

Ive got 4 kegs full, another 6 to fill + a 9lt blend keg..

Rockin the cazbar [ninja]

I'm thinking I'll head this way as well. I just purged myself of 100+ bottles that I was tired of hanging arounf the brewery collecting dust. $159.00 gets me into a starting Keg set-up. I think I'll go for it in the future.

I don't have the will power for a keg set up. Those shiney taps will be calling out to me all the time; teasing me about being the only thing between me and that beautiful nectar.

It would be good though. Perhaps sometime down the track I'll give in.

I don't have the will power for a keg set up. Those shiney taps will be calling out to me all the time; teasing me about being the only thing between me and that beautiful nectar.

Hahaha. Hairy, you sound a bit like me in this regard. I had this very discussion with a mate on the weekend. I have plenty of will power, just don't have any wont power!!! [innocent] [biggrin]

+1 Hairy. Every time I go into the LHBS his fridge kits look so inviting, but sometimes it's good to have the inconvenience of chilling beer down between me and over indulging. [roll]

I do love the idea though. [cool]

Archived