Coopers Community

How long until I can taste

Snowbeast

Howzit,

I brewed a Canadian blonde with BE2 and bottled it on the 02/12/12 so the 16th is two weeks in the bottle.

I'm a pretty patient person and am going fishing on the Zambezi from the 22nd until the 14th of Jan.

My mate who gave me the kit tasted too soon and gave up.

Should I leave it until the 14th (6weeks) rather than taste it a little fresh?

Stuff it! Have a taste [devil]

You are aware that it won't be at its peak so you won't be discouraged if it isn't great.

How many bottles do you have? Around 30 longnecks? You can afford to sample a couple early. It will also give you something to compare to when you get back. Just don't drink them all before you go. [biggrin]

I always crack one open at the two week mark. They are generally young (obviously) and not properly carbonated but I like to see how they progress along the way.

am going fishing on the Zambezi from the 22nd until the 14th of Jan.

Well La Di Da. Beast this a brewing forum, not a showing off forum [lol][annoyed]

I am the same as Hairy (my wife wouldn't argue about the Hairy bit either [lol] ) as in I taste after 2 weeks (If it's a light coloured beer yes, but if it's a dark I wait minimum 2 months).

If you've bottle in plastic bottles you can tell when they've got a bit of carb in them - nice and firm (but the CO2 will generally come out of the liquid fairly quickly when it's young).

Howzit,

I brewed a Canadian blonde with BE2 and bottled it on the 02/12/12 so the 16th is two weeks in the bottle.

I'm a pretty patient person and am going fishing on the Zambezi from the 22nd until the 14th of Jan.

My mate who gave me the kit tasted too soon and gave up.

Should I leave it until the 14th (6weeks) rather than taste it a little fresh?

I envy you the fishing trip up to the Zambezi and would love to have a go at those Tiger fish. I reckon the Blonde would be almost drinkable about then - perhaps as a sundowner as you do the stuffed tiger on the braai.

The Blonde is also a good mozzie repellant and keeps the bilharzia at bay.

I can't keep my paws off them and generally have one at 1 week, a few at 2 weeks, then put them in the most inconvenient place possible so that I can't drink them all.

At the end of the day, they're your beers. Do with them as you please [biggrin]

Hiya Beast, twice i have made Canadian Blonde and both times the beer was drinkable after a week, but very nice between 2 and 3 weeks in the bottle. i have no idea how they taste after a month as they never last that long. i reckon yours will taste fine on your fishing trip. i am off tomorrow for a few days fishing, good luck with yours, hey what fish are you after?[biggrin]

Thanks for all the replies :) sorry about the brag, I'm just that excited :) It's all I'm thinking of.

Monday is two weeks and a public holiday - For what I cant remember, we have all these politically correct name changes thanks to our past.

Cant wait :)

Archived