Coopers Community

Thanks Guys

Hi guys.

Over the last 2 or so months I've experimented so much. The addition of a brew fridge, also moving away from kit & kilo brewing to extract & partials, experimenting with a multitude of different hop varieties, & brewing my first true primary fermented lager.

Excluding the hop experimentation, all of the above steps I have taken have been as a direct result of great advice given to me by the members of this forum. I am now brewing beers of a much higher quality in a faster time than I probably would have without the advice given to me by the members of this forum.

Gratitude is something often missed when writing in text.

Thanks Guys. [biggrin]

Anthony.

The good thing about this forum is hearing how people have improved their beers. Regardless of whether it is K&K, extracts, partials or even the move to AG, we all aim to make better beer.

Well said, Hairy!

Good stuff Lusty!

We are all in pursuit of the best beer on Earth! Who really knows what method of brewing might get us to that lofty goal.

Yes I agree. If it wasn't for this forum I doubt I'd be doing anything more than kits and kilos fermented at 30 degrees and wondering why my beers taste like arse. My first beer tasted like arse, but it was actually during its fermentation that I found this forum and started to read up about better ingredients and proper ferment temps which resulted in pretty well all my brews since tasting much nicer. And of course, the helpful advice given to me on the subject of AG has definitely helped in my jumping into that. I actually wanted to get into it sooner than I did, but unfortunately the job I had at the time didn't lend itself to much spending other than work expenses. [pinched] That all changed in August and I'm really enjoying the AG brewing, even if it does get a bit messy at times. [lol] Cheers you lot!

Good on-ya Anthony,

Couldn't agree more, I wired up my first STC 1000 this morning thanks to this forum, and will attempt my first partial mash on my next brew.

Thanks to everyone on this forum I now have temperature control and the will to want to experiment without feeling out of my comfort zone.

Cheers guys!

This forum is great I have now been brewing for 12 months this forum has helped me go from strength to strength my first brew wasn't the best but was drinkable. I have gained a tonne of knowledge here from people like Muddy, Bill, Yob and many others. This forum is a treasured resource I wouldn't of come this far with brewing if it wasn't for this forum. The amount of wisdom that gets shared here is amazing and this place no doubt helps people try and make that perfect beer. For some reason every new batch of beer I make seems to be the best and each batch gets better and better. I would like to say thanks myself to everyone here on the forum for al their help over the past year.

Hey Captain,

What type of beer is the Homebrand ie Lager, Ale, are you concerned you could be wasting vessel time and lowering bottle/keg count?

Not sure I would go down that path, but really keen to hear how it went.

What extras did you add?

Its an ale (Draught) went extremely well. I used 500g LDM 300G of dex and the kit. I had a couple last night 1 at the beginning of my session goes down real easy very mellow bitterness. The only thing I can fault it is it needs a bit more bitterness after having a few really hoppy beers I had another and it was quite sweet. So will do another experiment but with hops but without a doubt its a good base has a lot of potential. Mates love it too so not all that bad.

Archived