Coopers Community

Not happy Gladwrap

ash

After reading alot about the pros & cons of using Gladwrap,i put the airlocks to rest & hopped onto the Gadwrap bandwagon,no probes with this until this afternoon.[annoyed] [annoyed] I checked on 2 of my FV,S SOME LITTLE BUG HAD CHEWED A NICE LITTLE HOLE IN THE GLADWRAP,the size of a 5 cent piece to say i'am p***ed off is not quite right so lid & airlocks are making a comeback as far as i'am concerned.[annoyed] [annoyed]

Sorry to hear that Ash. [sad]

Don't be so easily led by the glad wrap crew. I reckon it's great for wrapping sandwiches, & covering the half used salad for a day or two, but not much else!

To me, a tightened plastic FV lid with airlock provides more certainty of brewing stability than any piece of glad wrap will ever do.

I've never seen a bug that can chew threw solid plastic.

Each to their own though. [innocent]

Beer.

Sorry to hear that Ash. [sad]

Don't be so easily led by the glad wrap crew. I reckon it's great for wrapping sandwiches, & covering the half used salad for a day or two, but not much else!

To me, a tightened plastic FV lid with airlock provides more certainty of brewing stability than any piece of glad wrap will ever do.

I've never seen a bug that can chew threw solid plastic.

Each to their own though. [innocent]

Beer.

I'am with you Beerlust

If the beer turns out nice please post your recipe (including the bug species and dry bugging schedule) [joyful]

Sorry, I forgot I had placed GrahamB8 in the 'Sharp Cue' Rack.

Good one Graham! [biggrin]

Beer.

Where's Muddy LOL. He loves the airlocks too. [innocent] [innocent]

Muddy is probably eating bugs for dinner

The funny thing about this is for at least a few months of the year this statement would be true. Nothing like a "jungle soup" chock full of nice insects [love] (....the wings in the toilet bowl can be a bit of a shock the next day though.) and as a beer snack you can't go past grasshoppers and bamboo worms.

As for gladwrap, I stand by it and suggest you need to have a closer look at your brewing environment if you have insects invading your brew. As Bill said a fridge is full of benefits....even a non working fridge.

....the wings in the toilet bowl can be a bit of a shock the next day though.) and as a beer snack you can't go past grasshoppers and bamboo worms.

Bamboo worms are awesome. Crunchy and delicious with whatever seasoning they put on them.

I don't like grasshoppers much, but crickets are great.

When you start moving up to the bigger bugs like cockroaches and beetles, they're not so appealing.

Instead of nice little crunchy things, the insides start to get 'juicy'.

And yeah, the toilet the next day is not pretty...

one thing to steer clear of is tarantulas, you'll get them in cambodia. some people love them, but i think they're rotten.

and airlock FTW in my opinion. lovely bubbling [biggrin]

....the wings in the toilet bowl can be a bit of a shock the next day though.) and as a beer snack you can't go past grasshoppers and bamboo worms.

Bamboo worms are awesome. Crunchy and delicious with whatever seasoning they put on them.

I don't like grasshoppers much, but crickets are great.

When you start moving up to the bigger bugs like cockroaches and beetles, they're not so appealing.

Instead of nice little crunchy things, the insides start to get 'juicy'.

And yeah, the toilet the next day is not pretty...

one thing to steer clear of is tarantulas, you'll get them in cambodia. some people love them, but i think they're rotten.

and airlock FTW in my opinion. lovely bubbling [biggrin]

I reckon Bear Grylls would like this drop

Archived