Coopers Community

IanH's Spreadsheet

Hi guys.

I was wondering if one of the kind souls on the forum that has a IanH's Excel spreadsheet, could upload a copy of it to a location I could download it from.

Please don't provide a link to the aussie forum where it is currently located, as I have no intention of joining that forum just to obtain it.

Pretty please with lots of Liquid Malt Extract & dextrose on top? [biggrin]

Thanks in advance.

Beer.

• Like 1

though I like this forum and think it's a pretty friendly place, the depth of knowledge and resources on AHB is not to be discounted.

Grow some thicker skin.. just because you sign up doent mean you need to post.

also there are some wiked deals to be found there in the retail section from time to time and is worth keeping an eye on.

Yob

though I like this forum and think it's a pretty friendly place, the depth of knowledge and resources on AHB is not to be discounted.

Grow some thicker skin.. just because you sign up doent mean you need to post.

also there are some wiked deals to be found there in the retail section from time to time and is worth keeping an eye on.

Yob

Not only this but there is also a vast wealth of knowledge there and a huge recipe database with some fantastic reecipes.

Not sure if you guys know but you can't just sign up to AHB these days (or at least when I did recently) because they've had spam problems. Now you need to send them an email and eventually they'll create an account for you.

true but it usually only takes a day

Yeah it only took a day or two for mine to be created. I haven't posted in there in ages but I do have a looksee around it every now and then, it was really helpful reading instructions for BIAB that someone had posted there, it made it a little easier when I did that first batch. [joyful] But I guess it's up to the individual whether they join it or not.

Thanks for the replies.

Muddy, my email addy = "has been removed", cheers. [happy]

For those that have the time to be on multiple forums reading & commenting, I say good luck to you. It's not for me.

I google recipes & clones of recipes that occasionally offer up links to AHB threads. To be honest, that's about all I use from the site.

Beer.

I've just emailed the spreadsheet through mate.

As for joining multiple forums I know what you mean. I personally rarely post on AHB but I find with useful forums you need to be a member to access photos and the the top shelf info and resources (such as spreadsheets [biggrin] ).

I've just emailed the spreadsheet through mate.

As for joining multiple forums I know what you mean. I personally rarely post on AHB but I find with useful forums you need to be a member to access photos and the the top shelf info and resources (such as spreadsheets [biggrin] ).

Thanks Muddy. File received.

Nice to see that someone other than me also doesn't believe it's absolutely necessary to sign up to AHB.

I was beginning to think I was alone on that one. [alien]

Thanks again,

Beer.

Nice to see that someone other than me also doesn't believe it's absolutely necessary to sign up to AHB.

Thanks again,

Beer.

I am a member but have only posted twice. As far as beer snobs go I think there are some there that take the cake; An all grain brewer can post where they want but woe betide a K & K ---- well for just being a K&K, and even worse if its Coopers that you support [pouty]

You must ask yourself why that is. . Is it perhaps because people get sick and tired of refuting the coopers instructions as best practice?

What place does a knk brewer (I use that term very loosely here, sorry to say but knk isnt brewing) have on commenting in say the AG recipe db?

I don't personally give 2 rats if you sign up or not, but, you are excluding yourself from a pool of knowledge that can't easily be found here, did the coopers website teach me about yeast management best practice? Currently under debate...

Don't get me wrong, as said, I like this forum but for very different reasons than learning best practice.

If you ever want to move out of mixing kits up then this forum becomes a little limiting as to how far it can take you.

Each to their own though, you will take your Brewing and learning as far you want to and that defines the extent to which your research will take you.

Yob

I couldn't have said that better myself Yob

Time to don the Flamesuit now... Funny thing I find is people claiming they research something yet fail to sign up on the biggest active brewing forum in the country and possibly the world.... doesn't make sense to me. [alien]

I'll take cover now and head for those hills over yonder there ----->

Even though I am not a real brewer, as I use kits and other bits [bandit], I visit AHB regularly. It is a great resource for all things associated with brewing, oopps, I mean turning kits into beer [innocent] . There is lots of good stuff on there relating to techniques and products ranging from ingredients to storage and consumption. It is well worth looking at.

as I use kits and other bits [bandit]

Using Kits and bits may be argued that it is partial brewing [lol] Especially if you are adding grains/hops/specialty yeast... I referred to knk above as not brewing.. which to be fair, it isnt.

knk = If you are mixing a kit (pre bittered) and kilo of sugar (or other related 'brew enhancer' - You are a mixer and a fermenter, not a brewer. When you take charge of the outcome with added ingredients, you are heading down the brewing road.

Ive been researching and learning for almost 3 years now (and will continue to do so) and I use every available resource to further my knowledge..

Research the Theory - Test the Theory - Apply the theory.

Yob

I find that this forum to be very comfortable to BS with the gang about brewing. It's good for information and better for a laugh. I've spent time reading and lurking on other brewing forums which may have further advanced info, but I have to say that this site has futher advanced my brewing skills and knowledge just because I learned more whilst having a smile on my face![biggrin]

Yeah, I tend to agree with you Yob. [cool]

I don't particularly mind too much what people call my method of beer making, all I know is that I enjoy adding different bits and pieces (hops, spec grains etc) to make my beers yummy. Even if they are based on a pre-hopped can.

Even though I don't post as regularly as others on these forums I can assure you that I do read them a lot and have learnt heaps from the likes of yourself about making better beers. This forum in particular is usually good for a chuckle as well. [lol]

I've only been doing this for about a year and a half and there are a lot of ideas and inspiration that can be taken from those who have already tried things and willing to share their experiences - regardless of the result. Like you, I intend on continuing this learning and researching.

And, like Canadian just said - all with a smile on my face...!!![biggrin]

What hasnt been said here and probably should be is..

Beerlust should probably be thanking IanH for the time he has put into the spreadsheet to help him (and others) understand better what does what.

Somewhere back in time I certainly did. [annoyed]

I have been "mixing and fermenting" with specialty grains since batch #5, it certainly feels like brewing [biggrin] . I also normally use a sub 10 minute boil for hop addittions, it certainly smells like brewing [love] . But I wonder, whether I'm using hopped or unhopped cans, if I am still classified as Kit and Extract mixer.

I like the help that is on offer here, when you seek advice you don't normally get steered in an entirely new direction.

So thanks to everyone here for that.

PS I am planning to go straight K & K next as I put down PB2's Fruit Salad Ale. It didn't workout for me last time when I used US05. So this time I will reculture the Coopers yeast and keg the resulting "brew". Once I get it right, should be easy really, I will add some spec grain and a 10 minute boil of Topaz, Galaxy or Cascade to raise the IBUs a bit.

[lol] I was actually suggesting the opposite [biggrin] .... but all good as you have the spreadsheet now (I'd suggest removing your email address from your earlier post so you don't get spammed...I always wear a foil hat when using my computer but the bastards still get through [alien] ). I'd still recommend utilising AHB if no other sites...but each to their own [cool]

I feel like I should take a shot at Bill while he has his flamesuit on but I can't think of anything...raincheck Billy???

This thread has me feeling a bit insecure as it has raised so many dilemmas for me as a brewer. Brewer? As an extract guy I'm not sure if I am a brewer anymore? Extract beer chef maybe??? [alien]