Coopers Community

Bench Capper

Mainiac

Do yourself a huge favour and buy a good quality bench capper. IMO these are a much more reliable and safer means of capping. Im also pretty sure most are adjustable to suit all bottle types, mine is a brigalow brand and has atleast half a dozen height levels and will seal better than you think.[cool]

I have this nifty little spring loaded contraption that fits into the drill press. Does a great job with the capping. It caps them so tight that I have to use one of those jar lid gripper things to open the twist top ones. [lol]

Before:

318825_4379895464135_593308391_n.jpg

251994_4379902744317_668099246_n.jpg

After:

311526_4379907064425_180990550_n.jpg

It might look like all that oily crappy muck is quite close to the capping area in those photos but it's quite a distance in reality [tongue]

Cheers,

Kelsey

M I am very new to brewing and thee fella that got me into it actually has two bench cappers (he's lazy and doesn't like adjusting the height for his 2 bottle sizes) hence I have one also. It is brilliant, I too am purchasing a second for bottle day as it helps me to speed up the process. Is bench capper is good. [biggrin]

M I am very new to brewing and thee fella that got me into it actually has two bench cappers (he's lazy and doesn't like adjusting the height for his 2 bottle sizes) hence I have one also. It is brilliant' date=' I too am purchasing a second for bottle day as it helps me to speed up the process. Is bench capper is good. [biggrin']

Ben,

Instead of getting the second capper start collecting swing-cap (Grolsh style) bottles. I have 50% of these style bottles in every batch. This will buy you at least another 2mins. of spare time.[biggrin] Try getting your friends to collect them for you by offering a sack of homebrew. You'll have a glut of these bottles in no time.[cool]

Grolsch is a beer I don't like so much. But the bottles are awesome.

I just bought some - currently have English stout in them, plan was for long term storage (aiming to open after 1 year).

They are a little bit expensive - equates to $2.50 a bottle - but worth it. Can prolly get them cheaper elsewhere or just find them in the bottle and drink the goodness inside [lol]

[EDIT] found some for a little cheaper here

Great idea Chad!

Now I know how to get the bottles, but how do I go about getting some friends? [crying]

[lol] Hairy,

I knew you'd say something like that!

The answer is in the post. If you don't have any friends just start offering strangers homebrew and maybe they will become your friends. You see, home brew can solve all of life's problem in some way or another![cool] You might have to collect your own Grolsh bottles, though.[annoyed]

My problem is that I have too many grolsch bottles. I think I have about 300 but I rarely use them (I'm in a PET phase at the moment). I've also got too may Coopers longnecks. I got my Grolsch bottles from the rubbish - I turned up at work one day and a neighbouring building must have had a party as there were boxes and boxes of empties on the footpath. I promptly filled a couple of shopping trolleys with bottles and stashed them in the store room at work...[biggrin]

Archived