Coopers Community

Anzac Day

AB

My Anzac brew day is subject to some ingredients arriving in the mail today.

Otherwise I will have to wait till the weekend. I am planning on brewing a partial grain APA with Cascade.

If I can't brew tomorrow at least I can still drink my brews.

ANZAC day involves cleaning bottles, then priming and bottling the Good Friday stout. bottles in the fridge overnight just to get them at the right temperature, followed by 15l of water going into the fridge overnight gets me brewing again Friday night :D

My Anzac Day brew ingredients are all ready to rock for the morning! Fermentor is sanitising, water is chilling, frothing!

Oh and beers at the ready for the brew....

Enjoy fellas.

Now I know it's going against the spirit of the day but I"m going to brew a Munich Lager tomorrow. I have a can of Coopers Euro lager and 1.5kg of Briess Munich LME(Made in USA) some German hops and a packet of Euro yeast......How many of us are drinking Australian made and owned, beer tomorrow? In today's world dose it really matter? I'm sure most of the diggers in WW1 preferred German/Euro beer before the war broke out, if what you read about the beer the Australian brewers' were dishing out is to be believed. But then again the same story could be repeated today if you follow the sales of imported/domestic beer.

Now I know it's going against the spirit of the day but I"m going to brew a Munich Lager tomorrow. I have a can of Coopers Euro lager and 1.5kg of Briess Munich LME(Made in USA) some German hops and a packet of Euro yeast......How many of us are drinking Australian made and owned, beer tomorrow? In today's world dose it really matter? I'm sure most of the diggers in WW1 preferred German/Euro beer before the war broke out, if what you read about the beer the Australian brewers' were dishing out is to be believed. But then again the same story could be repeated today if you follow the sales of imported/domestic beer.

No i dont think it matters you will be using non Australian ingredients but some people wish to do so to feel that connection as a country its good. I still have an Amarillo Ale in fermenter and am planning on an English Special Bitter next as the last one was a little dry but very nice and love the way it clears and conditions so fast.

Here's one for Anzac day, read it fast because its headed for Siberia.

THE WELLS OF BEERSHEBA

THE FALL OF BEERSHEBA TO THE AUSTRALIAN LIGHT HORSE

31ST OCTOBER 1917

Emu plumes on a felt slouch hat and a rifle cross their back

Eight hundred Aussie horsemen, many learnt to ride outback

They swept towards the Turkish lines across the Sinai sand

To Beersheba, where the Turkish troops did elect to make their stand

It was the secret to this desert war, the only water to be found

And five thousand British troops had failed to take the town

These Australian light horsemen, had a commander named Chauvel

who's orders were impossible, they were, to take the well

Six thousand yards to the Turkish line must these gallant horse-men ride

At full gallop they must go till they reach the Turkish side

Artillery shells flew overhead, as across the sand they raced

Not fast enough were the Turkish guns to check their lighting pace.

As they cleared the Turkish trenches, machine gun bullets filled the air

But they sped on to Beersheba with the Turks now in despair

With bayonets drawn, they charged the town they were a fearsome sight

But they had fulfilled their orders they took the town by night

And thirty eight gallant horsemen, paid the ultimate price to see,

The fulfillment of God's prophecy, to set Jerusalem free

Warren Eggleton

\uf8e9 July 1998

Archived