Coopers Community

The best home brew for watching the Footy

Football is a winter sport and I notice that most brewers here swap from lighter ales to Stouts. Porters and Strong Beers such as ESVA. But what about when watching the footy, wouldn't something more akin to PBs Ashes Ale be more appropriate. Perhaps Paul can develop a Friday Night Footy Ale [biggrin] .

Anyway this was not the real reason for this post, it's only a ruse to plug this post in Everything Else. I didn't want to go the way of Weggl as Siberia is too cold and would mean more Stouts etc.

During winter I love sitting back with an English Bitter and watching Rugby League (ie. Footy).

Its always good to match the sport with the style of beer. If watching AFL you would probably drink a Corona; something with less substance [biggrin]

Them's fighting words, aren't they? I hope so [innocent]

I will admit I am not a rugby league afficionado, but why don't the players kick the ball if it is "footy". On the stats sheets there would only be a few blokes with a kick or two to their name. The rest just throw the ball. Don't mind a bit of biff though [cool] [biggrin]

Sorry Hairy [innocent]

Sorry Hairy

Apology accepted.

Nah, no apology was necessary. I was just s@#t stirring. It's been too friendly around here for a while now; we needed some controversy.

I was actually thinking of taking up Aussie Rules. I think I would be a chance of getting a start with GWS [biggrin]

During winter I love sitting back with an English Bitter and watching Rugby League (ie. Footy).

Its always good to match the sport with the style of beer. If watching AFL you would probably drink a Corona; something with less substance [biggrin]

Them's fighting words, aren't they? I hope so [innocent]

Less substance? There is no game on earth with less tactical substance than League. Run it up the guts a few times then kick it to the other team, with the odd variation on the end if you're actually a chance of scoring.

Now, proper Rugby, Union that is, is a sport with real substance.[biggrin]

Though the above is largely true, I still love both anyway. And there's nothing wrong with Aussie Rules either.

I reckon a nice cold hoppy pale ale is perfect for the footy...you'd probably want soemthing a bit stronger if you had to sit through an AFL match or, god forbid, the rugby union [sleeping] .

I agree go Leaugue cant wait to watch the eels hopefully smash the Panthers tonight

Yep, someone definately got smashed last night mate [pinched] ...RIP The Eels [innocent]

Being a Victoria I watch the real footy - the one where you actually kick it. But, if the Rugby was shown in Melbourne at a reasonable time (not 11:30) I would watch that if it was a footy game I dont care to watch. I'm generally at the game if it's the mighty Pies.

Last year on a Friday night I walked the 10 mins to this bottle shop and would get myself some different beers every week.

Typically, IPA's, Porter's or Stout's - sometimes all three, but I would feel a bit ordinary on the third.

Either those or a sixer of Coopers Dark Ale goes down a treat [love]

Yeah thats right muddy we certainly got smashed last night i certainly didnt was too stressed out about my car thats ready to blow up [crying]

Looks like another year the Eels will be hanging around the bottom of the ladder is more cool [cool]

Well i guess we can debate about whats footy soccer is the real football but i dont like it. [lol]

Archived