Coopers Community

played darts  when i was younger but cost me alot of money  and a big risk  as i found it a sport you can still have a refreshing beer with lol and ya didnt need to be over fit 

played for a few pubs back in my days in Tassie   

have thought about playing again

but hey Darts is getting a big following these days   with those crowds they get in the uk    ,  the crowds  love to party hard

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

played darts  when i was younger but cost me alot of money  and a big risk  as i found it a sport you can still have a refreshing beer with lol and ya didnt need to be over fit 

played for a few pubs back in my days in Tassie   

have thought about playing again

but hey Darts is getting a big following these days   with those crowds they get in the uk    ,  the crowds  love to party hard

Over the years I have had a few offers to return to a few teams but these days it not only be a huge risk 👮‍♂️🚔 but way too expensive to get involved, the cost of 🍺 to get you ready for the match 🤣 would be crippling.

It is one of the most popular spectator sports in the world & I miss it but these days I am quite happy to watch it in the comfort of a warm house in front of a 65" 4K TV.

Besides I am an all-in or not at all sorts of guy & usually ending up being asked to Captain the team.

I still have 3 Dartboards & boxes of darts/accessories/t-shirts stored in the shed, but I was forced to get rid of boxes full of dart trophy's as it was a hassle finding room for them.

I will be putting up a board somewhere for added social activity at some stage.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2023/01/23/global-acclaim-record-breaking-world-darts-championship

• Like 1

Played for a while at my local RSL as I did with Snooker. Was a much better snooker player than darts but I did have a 9 darter on once after 6 darts. Everyone stopped to watch and of course I missed and it took another 8 or 9 after that to go out. Massive anti climax..

Still have a dart board in my garage which I throw a few on ocassion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Played for a while at my local RSL as I did with Snooker. Was a much better snooker player than darts but I did have a 9 darter on once after 6 darts. Everyone stopped to watch and of course I missed and it took another 8 or 9 after that to go out. Massive anti climax..

Still have a dart board in my garage which I throw a few on ocassion.

I actually did a few 9-darters in practice & I did win a tournament one in NSW as I managed one in the final, it left me on a 2-dart finish which I took out.

They are impressive but don't necessarily win games unless you capitilise on them.

• Like 1

This fellah did really well recently, dunno if anyone saw it:

https://news.sky.com/story/luke-littler-who-is-the-16-year-old-taking-the-world-darts-championship-by-storm-and-celebrating-with-a-kebab-13036290#:~:text=Sixteen-year-old Luke Littler,Phil "The Power" Taylor.

He celebrates with a kebab, good lad 👏

Good to watch the crowd in places like Sheffield roar him on. A true Working Class Hero 👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Got a dart board in my shed. The only game I remember is around the world. I enjoy playing that with a few frothies.

there was afl footy darts   -forgotten the rules  

cricket

tennis

prisoner

golf

steeplechase 

in comp i would be playing 501

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

there was afl footy darts   -forgotten the rules  

cricket

tennis

prisoner

golf

steeplechase 

in comp i would be playing 501

Yep, I remember some of those. I must dust off the darts and board.

The closest to playing darts I got was a dart in my foot as a kid. We were on a little carousel turning it as fast as we could, while one of the guys threw darts on the ground trying to hit the same target. Well, one hit my foot and the bugger stuck in it. It was nothing bad but it hurt like hell, so I kinda never got interested 🙂  

• Haha 4

On 6/16/2024 at 3:13 PM, Pale Man said:

Got a dart board in my shed. The only game I remember is around the world. I enjoy playing that with a few frothies.

The only game in my opinion is 50, straight start, double finish, international rules.

On 6/16/2024 at 3:29 PM, stquinto said:

This fellah did really well recently, dunno if anyone saw it:

https://news.sky.com/story/luke-littler-who-is-the-16-year-old-taking-the-world-darts-championship-by-storm-and-celebrating-with-a-kebab-13036290#:~:text=Sixteen-year-old Luke Littler,Phil "The Power" Taylor.

He celebrates with a kebab, good lad 👏

Good to watch the crowd in places like Sheffield roar him on. A true Working Class Hero 👍

He is making a mess of the top players ATM, but time will tell if he can keep it up. Eric Bristow started like that but only ever one the World Championship 5 times whereas Phil Taylor won it 17 times. 

• Like 1