Coopers Community

What's the essential equipment I need to get started?

Hey everyone!
I'm taking my first steps in the world of homebrewing! I'm super excited to dive in and start making my own craft beers.
I'm basically starting my home brewery from scratch so I'm looking for some guidance. Any tips for a complete newbie like me?
What equipment and ingredients should I get first? Where are some good places to buy equipment, bottles, and caps? Are there any good online resources or local shops you recommend?
Any advice or resources you could share would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Alice_harrr said:
Hey everyone!
I'm taking my first steps in the world of homebrewing! I'm super excited to dive in and start making my own craft beers.
I'm basically starting my home brewery from scratch so I'm looking for some guidance. Any tips for a complete newbie like me?
What equipment and ingredients should I get first? Where are some good places to buy equipment, bottles, and caps? Are there any good online resources or local shops you recommend?
Any advice or resources you could share would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hi @Alice_harrr & welcome to the forum, on this very website ar all of the things you need to get started.

The first thing you will need is a brew kit. Just follow the diy links & you will see the kit complete with instructions.

https://coopers.com.au/diy-beer

There are many other things, but this will get you started, just sing out if you need help.

All the best, Cheers Phil.

coopers-diy-beer-home-brewing-kit-1024x1024.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

I should have asked what state you are in, I am in Adelaide & know all of the Home Brew shops around & there are plenty of online stores as well.

I would suggest the Coopers Kit would be the best way to start as it is designed to make home brewing simple for beginners.

I'm from Melbourne. 

Thank you for your quick response! However, I was actually thinking more like kegging and filling/bottling equipment. Could you recommend some online shops where I can buy that?

29 minutes ago, Alice_harrr said:

I'm from Melbourne. 

Thank you for your quick response! However, I was actually thinking more like kegging and filling/bottling equipment. Could you recommend some online shops where I can buy that?

Kegland if your in Melbourne they have everything you will need

Thank you for the suggestion. 

I'm not a huge fan of Kegland. I had some issues with their customer service which made me look for other distributor options. 

Are there any other shops I should look into?

17 minutes ago, Alice_harrr said:

I'm not a huge fan of Kegland. I had some issues with their customer service which made me look for other distributor options. 

Keg king

50 minutes ago, Alice_harrr said:

beerco     

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alice_harrr said:

I have an online shop, I'm in S.A though, but you will definitely get great customer service 🙂

Three Chins Brewing

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 2

Hello @Alice_harrr, I have been brewing for over two years now; and am very happy with my Coopers fermenting vessels. The Coopers Brew Kit has everything you need to start. Advice and info from the Coopers Community will help you branch out very quickly, or like me, stick with basic extract brewing - yummy beer and cheap!

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 2:10 PM, Alice_harrr said:
Hey everyone!

You can go and get gear from KegKing instead or, as suggested, go to your local LHBS and ask them. Many stores stock KegLand gear, so you do not have to order directly. You do pay a premium though. On the other hand, you don't pay postage, which offsets things a little. The Coopers online shop has everything you need to start making beer though. 

If you are a newbie, may I suggest to start simple and work your way up? Getting kegging equipment can be a costly affair and if you decide after the 2nd batch that this isn't your thing after all, it all was a bit of a waste. 

• Like 3