Coopers Community

WHATS ON THE MENU 2024

1 hour ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Nice one Phil, looks like he (or she) couldn't resist a bargain either (now that's something I can relate to 😉 - I'm an absolute sucker for a substantial mark down 🤦‍♂️)

Yeah, well the problem is, I have so much sh×× from my cooking days & more but this was something I thought of more of a novelty, to impress guests if you like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, well the problem is, I have so much sh×× from my cooking days & more but this was something I thought of more of a novelty, to impress guests if you like. 

Again, I can relate to that Phil 😉 😂 🤣 😂

• Like 1

I knocked up a ragù from pork and beef (1/3 - 2/3 of each meat respectively), but I cooked it for six hours in the oven at 130C in a Dutch oven. Wow! Quite worth the time.

I also bought some aluminum pans to toss the pasta in the sauce, it emulsifies it quite nicely 

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4294.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

I knocked up a ragù from pork and beef (1/3 - 2/3 of each meat respectively), but I cooked it for six hours in the oven at 130C in a Dutch oven. Wow! Quite worth the time.

I also bought some aluminum pans to toss the pasta in the sauce, it emulsifies it quite nicely 

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4294.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

I made similar yesterday but only 2 hours simmering on the stove top. I once tried using the slow cooker for simmering  ragu but it didn't reduce like the stove top does so it was watery. We already have too much clutter in the kitchen but now I think we need a Dutch oven.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Beerdo said:

it didn't reduce like the stove top does so it was watery

That's interesting @Beerdo; My father has a slow cooker, and I've noticed  that the results are tender, but runnier than a slow cooked stew on the stove top. The seal on both cookers is about the same. I wonder what causes this? Our George Foreman and our toaster are the only implements on the bench.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

That's interesting @Beerdo; My father has a slow cooker, and I've noticed  that the results are tender, but runnier than a slow cooked stew on the stove top. The seal on both cookers is about the same. I wonder what causes this? Our George Foreman and our toaster are the only implements on the bench.

That's because you don't need as much liquid in the slow cooker because the liquid reduces on the stove top so you always put less liquid in the slow cooker because it doesn't reduce as much

Hope that makes sense 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jennyss said:

That's interesting @Beerdo; My father has a slow cooker, and I've noticed  that the results are tender, but runnier than a slow cooked stew on the stove top. The seal on both cookers is about the same. I wonder what causes this? 

I can only assume the slow cooker's temperature is lower than the stove top and doesn't heat enough to cause enough evaporation. But you are right, Jenny. The slow cooker is always tender.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jennyss said:

I have been using Slow Cookers for years & the secret is to add less liquid as you can always add more if needed, depending on the recipe, a can of lentils, beans or even small pasta/risoni also help thicken it up & give it more body.

Otherwise just stir in a slurry of corn flour before serving.

• Like 3

I bought the Russell Hobs Russell Hobbs 11-in1 Digital Multi Cooker RHPC3000

I have everything I need in the kitchen, but I wanted to get a new Pressure Cooker, but this one does heaps of other functions & I ended up getting it for $119.00, normally $149.95. 

I have the Russell Hobbs Slow Cooker & a Rice Cooker/Steamer (pictured) so I trust the brand, Amazon have it out for that price so The Good Guys matched it, I can't wait to try it.

I love using pressure cookers & with this one you can even make Yogurt!

Anyone else use them?

RH.thumb.jpg.ecd37facccc76294860f1770b1f59845.jpg

• Like 5

The dough turned out bloody perfect. Not too thick and held together beautifully. Nice chew to it. My lovely wife made a pineapple version. I'm one of those that can't pineapple on pizza. Too sweet. She's happy though. Photo quality is not good sorry.

IMG_20240903_174757.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Oh stop it now (insert Drooling emoji here)🤤 
There’s somethin about a pizza hey, I see so many beeee a ut iful examples on this thread (makes me want one every time) 😋

Good job 👏👏

Theres definitely something special about home made pizza........like beer I guess.

I made my own dough and sauce. And when our basil and chillis are ready, that will go in too. Its about the best pizza you can eat.

Now only to make my own salami and we're talking 🤔

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Theres definitely something special about home made pizza........like beer I guess.

I made my own dough and sauce. And when our basil and chillis are ready, that will go in too. Its about the best pizza you can eat.

Agreed and yep for sure - that would be very nice to know you have grown or made all the key components 😋

@ben 10 seems to have the salami bit down pat

Just gotta get ya self a cow for those cheesy num, num, nums bits hey 😂🤣😂 

Cheeers 🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Well done Paley,  you know the drill.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Oh stop it now (insert Drooling emoji here)🤤 
There’s somethin about a pizza hey, I see so many beeee a ut iful examples on this thread (makes me want one every time) 😋

Good job 👏👏

He will guts it himself,  it is nice to share, why wouldn't he send some to us.🤣

Looks good & cudo to homemade cooking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Only thing missing is home grown basil. 

I was saying to my husband today that we must plant basil soon; to have it for pizza and pesto and many other yummy things.

• Like 4