Coopers Community

Coopers squeezed for shelf space

Kegory

16 hours ago, Kegory said:

Here's a link to an AFR article where Tim Cooper says Coopers are getting squeezed off shelves at competitor aligned bottle shops.

https://www.afr.com/companies/retail/coopers-beer-boss-says-endeavour-coles-cutting-back-his-shelf-space-20230725-p5dr4y

It's the same everywhere with the influx of crappy beers distributed by the Endeavour Group & Pinnacle Drinks, the shelves are loaded with this insipid, over hopped, bodyless junk, there are exceptions of course but I would rather see Australian Made & Imported favourites on the shelves.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kegory said:

I popped into a totally independent bottle shop today. Coopers was the "biggest brand" in the store.

That's a good thing, the only issue is some of the smaller guys can't compete with the discounted pricing however you get what you pay for.

Price shouldn't necessarily come before quality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldbloke said:

Weell, I paid through the nose yesterday for two boxes of Coopers mid-ale. Why? It's better, simple as that.

If you haven't tried it already, the Coopers Mild Ale recipe produces a fantastic replica of the commercial offering. Use the recovered yeast from some of the bottles/cans you bought and you'll be a happy Oldbloke.  Just about to brew it again myself. 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Instigator said:

If you haven't tried it already, the Coopers Mild Ale recipe produces a fantastic replica of the commercial offering. Use the recovered yeast from some of the bottles/cans you bought and you'll be a happy Oldbloke.  Just about to brew it again myself. 👍

Not home ATM but thanks for the heads up. 👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...