Coopers Community

How To Clear Notifications list

JimInCollie

How can I clear my Notifications list, please?

It's great to be notified that I have some replies to a question I have asked you guys and girls, or to post I have made, but now I have a list going back several months it takes me too much time to find the current notifications.  Is there some way of clearing the list once all notifications have been read, replied to, or otherwise dealt with?

Many thanks, Jim  @JimInCollie

39 minutes ago, JimInCollie said:

It's great to be notified that I have some replies to a question I have asked you guys and girls, or to post I have made, but now I have a list going back several months it takes me too much time to find the current notifications.  Is there some way of clearing the list once all notifications have been read, replied to, or otherwise dealt with?

Hi Jim, are you talking about emails on a computer/phone as if you have nominated to be notified by SMS or email you can delete these on the devices. You could have a look on here as well.

https://community.diybeer.com/first-time-here/

https://www.diybeer.com/au//faqs

There is also a Notification Settings tab just under the bell log which you use to access the new posts

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

7 hours ago, JimInCollie said:

Not as far as I know Jim.  @Coopers DIY Beer Team, is there a way to clear the list?  

I understand what you mean though.  I am on the Forum pretty much every day, so my list of new notifications does not get too long.  But if I am away for a few days, the list builds up very quickly.  Tracking where I am at then is very tricky.  You are probably best going back to your original post to see if somebody has responded, rather than relying on the Notifications.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 2:16 PM, JimInCollie said:

The Help Desk got back to us with the following: "You cannot delete them (the notifications), but you can clear the number there. The notifications as a whole are a rolling list. There is no way to actively delete those."

So we've dropped a line in their suggestion box to see if they can add the function down the track.

Cheers! 

• Like 3