Coopers Community

Reviews wanted for Coopers Draught extract

jennyss

Brew No. 11 is going to be my husband's pick. He is keen to try a Coopers Draught, which is what my sister and her partner make. The Coopers  site says draught is a  "Light yellow-gold colour with a tightly packed white head, floral nose with a hint of malt, medium bodied palate with delicate hopping and a slightly bitter finish. The most discerning draught drinker will appreciate this beer." 

But can anybody tell me what it tastes like compared to the Australian Pale Ale extract and  other extracts? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Brew No. 11 is going to be my husband's pick. He is keen to try a Coopers Draught, which is what my sister and her partner make. The Coopers  site says draught is a  "Light yellow-gold colour with a tightly packed white head, floral nose with a hint of malt, medium bodied palate with delicate hopping and a slightly bitter finish. The most discerning draught drinker will appreciate this beer." 

But can anybody tell me what it tastes like compared to the Australian Pale Ale extract and  other extracts? 

My experience with it Jenny it is more of a beer you would get out of the tap at the Pub/Club, it is very drinkable as it is but of course you can tailor it to suit your taste.

I would give it a go & then you can judge for yourself.  You would have to be pretty hard to please if you didn't like Coopers Draught, heaps better than the megaswill you get at the pub or your normal bottle'o.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was one of my favourite Coopers cans to brew. Nice colour, nice bitterness and the flavour seemed clean.

As with everything though, it depends on what ingredients you put with it. Its a great base, I used it a bit for partial mashes.

Put some powdered or liquid malt with it, some dry hops and you'll have a lovely beer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Its a great kit i remember dry hopping it and doing a short boil and it came out really nice. Think they use cascade hops too if not mistaken. I think the aus pale ale is slightly less bitter, and maybe a bit more hoppy aroma

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Add some Hops up to 25gms.

Just checked my notes, i did 22 min boil with 22 grams of South african hops, then added a dry hop of 100g mixed different S African hops. I was going for an IPA leaning ale tho. I think Phil's suggestion of (assuming) dry hop 25 grams will be a nice subtle addition, if u want to enjot the kit as is. Oh i added 1kg LDM too

• Like 3