Coopers Community

Czech Mate Pilsner - February 2022 Recipe of the Month

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hi @Coopers DIY Beer Team, I noticed under the "You Supply" section of the recipe page for the above recipe it says "1 x 25g Saaz Hops".  However, elsewhere in the recipe, it says 2 x 25g Saaz Hops.  Might want to correct the typo when you get a chance.

Cheers SOS

@Shamus O'Sean updated, thanks mate!

• Like 4

The funny thing is I was considering getting this one. I've grabbed both ROTMs the last few months. The craft one this month however wasn't doing much for me, especially when I realised every ingredient is always available on the store, and if you add it all up, it ends up cheaper than the craft ROTM kit. Granted, it includes postage, but it's not difficult to wait for the free postage week each month. Because I wanted to grab some plastic bottle lids, this pilsner didn't get me close enough to the free delivery threshold, and I have too much stock of eveything else, so I didn't end up getting anything. (I'll swing by big w to grab some bottle lids)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terminal2k said:

The funny thing is I was considering getting this one. I've grabbed both ROTMs the last few months. The craft one this month however wasn't doing much for me, especially when I realised every ingredient is always available on the store, and if you add it all up, it ends up cheaper than the craft ROTM kit. Granted, it includes postage, but it's not difficult to wait for the free postage week each month. Because I wanted to grab some plastic bottle lids, this pilsner didn't get me close enough to the free delivery threshold, and I have too much stock of eveything else, so I didn't end up getting anything. (I'll swing by big w to grab some bottle lids)

I can see the merit in them for those in remote areas & don't have any LBHS nearby, having said that they all offer to ship goods but it is always good to support Coopers especially if you are in SA. I can source the ingredients easily, quicker & cheaper than most of the I have seen so far. They always sell out anyway.

• Like 1