Coopers Community

Todays Tastings

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Trying the Ghost Ship Pale Ale, it's really not bad but I am missing the malty boldness of my brews but for $12.95 for 4 x 440ml you can't complain. Nice Citra hop taste.

20210714_145216.jpg

That glass, i want it 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2021 at 3:48 PM, CLASSIC said:

A  Royal Booze Up

My mate send me this with an XXXX caption, I was just wondering if we we to choose a more suitable one, mine would be

" Dash, this a mighty fine beer "

Royals-Drinking-Beer-Camila-Charles-730x556.jpg

Now I am not trying to be political or rude or offend anyone but I thought it was worth a place.

“Don’t fancy yours much”

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Love it Classic. Well done 👍 

Yes but!

My only criticism is that @CLASSIC 's label should read "Brewed in South Australia" and be more neatly trimmed not just done with a big kitchen knife.  😂  Come-on, where is all that state pride and the tribal war cry. 😆

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Yes but!

My only criticism is that @CLASSIC 's label should read "Brewed in South Australia" and be more neatly trimmed not just done with a big kitchen knife.  😂  Come-on, where is all that state pride and the tribal war cry. 😆

OK but the label was just a draft printed on the inkjet, I just simply printed it out for sizing purposes & merely placed it on the bottle for a photo. I cut ii with a pair of scissors.

I am sure you all know about Avery labels & the better quality ones that peel off & actually stick to the bottles. The only reason I do the odd label is to impress people that I send or give to people ( who either stuff up the washing procedure or don't return them )

However I will take Al's point on the state of origin on board. 😁

Show me your labels, I have plenty in the system.

Cheers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

OK but the label was just a draft printed on the inkjet, I just simply printed it out for sizing purposes & merely placed it on the bottle for a photo. I cut ii with a pair of scissors.

I am sure you all know about Avery labels & the better quality ones that peel off & actually stick to the bottles. The only reason I do the odd label is to impress people that I send or give to people ( who either stuff up the washing procedure or don't return them )

However I will take Al's point on the state of origin on board. 😁

Show me your labels, I have plenty in the system.

Cheers.

All good Phil,  ha ha, I was only toying with you and having a bit of fun (well for me anyway) so hopefully no harm done.  😁  Just reckon flying the South Australia flag worth doing that's all.

After all if it was not for my Irish forebears coming out from Plymouth to Adelaide in early 1800's when it was a tent town I would not exist.

Bloody hell they could have been on the same Barque as Thomas Cooper's family. 

Also I know the town of Renmark would not be where it is today if not for my ancestors setting up a permanent camp site there while they hunted down and shot the wild bulls that got away from all the Overlander drovers who where driving herds of cattle from the Goulburn region of NSW downstream to the Onkaparinga river area before sale to Adelaide markets/butchers to feed the town. 

I am in a way a fierce supporter of Adelaide and SA so I am on your side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

All good Phil,  ha ha, I was only toying with you and having a bit of fun (well for me anyway) so hopefully no harm done.  😁  Just reckon flying the South Australia flag worth doing that's all.

After all if it was not for my Irish forebears coming out from Plymouth to Adelaide in early 1800's when it was a tent town I would not exist.

Bloody hell they could have been on the same Barque as Thomas Cooper's family. 

Also I know the town of Renmark would not be where it is today if not for my ancestors setting up a permanent camp site there while they hunted down and shot the wild bulls that got away from all the Overlander drovers who where driving herds of cattle from the Goulburn region of NSW downstream to the Onkaparinga river area before sale to Adelaide markets/butchers to feed the town. 

I am in a way a fierce supporter of Adelaide and SA so I am on your side.

All good Al, I was born in Berri & you would know that' s just down the road from Renmark. My family has left it's mark there with streets named after Grandfathers & Uncles who served & I know other regional areas have done the same. Life wasn't all about Android & high resolution in those days. I can still remember dirt roads, horse driven buggy's & Blue Hills on the wireless. 🧓