Coopers Community

Todays Tastings

• 3 weeks later...

I found a @Graubart style beer in Dan's on special 4 x 440ml cans  for $12.95  Citrus Pale Ale 4.5%

Inspired by the tales of old smuggling ships along the Suffolk coast, this hauntingly good pale ale is full of citrus and biscuit aromas with a spookily hoppy bite.

It looks interesting but wasn't cold so I will try it tomorrow.

Cheers.

20210713_145043.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

@CLASSIC I've been meaning to try that one myself but since I keep making similar brews I haven't got around to it yet.

I have never actually seen that before, it says it is brewed & packed in England but I believe it is sold exclusively by Woolworths but at that price who cares !

I will post a phot tomorrow when I try it as I am happily involved in a Classic Draught.

Cheers

4 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Inspired by the tales of old smuggling ships along the Suffolk coast,

That does sound reasonable @CLASSIC Phil 🏴‍☠️ but after that I think it fades away....  4.5 and all... think you are better off with your Classic Draught haha! 🥳

But who knows... it may be a delectable drop hidden away from the Pirate Coast for decades and one worth trying?! 😋

3 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I am happily involved in a Classic Draught.

Edited by Graubart

15 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I found a @Graubart style beer in Dan's on special 4 x 440ml cans  for $12.95  Citrus Pale Ale 4.5%

Inspired by the tales of old smuggling ships along the Suffolk coast, this hauntingly good pale ale is full of citrus and biscuit aromas with a spookily hoppy bite.

It looks interesting but wasn't cold so I will try it tomorrow.

It's a nice drop; I have had it quite a few times. It is not the most memorable beer but decent, especially at the price it sells at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

It's a nice drop; I have had it quite a few times. It is not the most memorable beer but decent, especially at the price it sells at.

Well I was at the LBHS & Dan's is across the road so I dropped in just to grab something & that was it so today I will find out, Cheers.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Graubart said:

That does sound reasonable @CLASSIC Phil 🏴‍☠️ but after that I think it fades away....  4.5 and all... think you are better off with your Classic Draught haha! 🥳

But who knows... it may be a delectable drop hidden away from the Pirate Coast for decades and one worth trying?! 😋

I find that is always the way @Graubart these days when I go the pub I usually only have a couple & can't wait to have a decent beer, there are exceptions though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

I find that is always the way @Graubart these days when I go the pub I usually only have a couple & can't wait to have a decent beer, there are exceptions though.

Truly spoken @CLASSIC Phil - in my travels recent travels I had to stay with a mate for a few days and drank quite a bit of Coopers Pale Ale in glass stubbies - was quite a nice refreshing drop even tho a little lighter than the AGs I am used to...  but went down a treat ; )

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Truly spoken @CLASSIC Phil - in my travels recent travels I had to stay with a mate for a few days and drank quite a bit of Coopers Pale Ale in glass stubbies - was quite a nice refreshing drop even tho a little lighter than the AGs I am used to...  but went down a treat ; )

Well that would be one of the best beers in my opinion however there are a lot of good ones out there, my old neighbor only ever drank Corona, wouldn't touch anything else.

I offered him a home brew once but he wouldn't wear it.

A grey day indeed... and one in dire need for a refreshing AG Mandarina keg-pour Hefeweizen:

image.thumb.png.c94bdf269d685acca1b235cf363fb1f6.png

Am taking my medicine early prior to the onslaught of another likely horror tonight at 8pm... facing another flogging by one of the best footy teams I have ever seen... and a whitewash for the series.

Apologies AFL Legends this is Rugby League State of Origin ☹️

At least my medicine is very taschty! 🥳

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graubart said:

A grey day indeed... and one in dire need for a refreshing AG Mandarina keg-pour Hefeweizen:

Nice looking drop Herr Graubster, I notice it's a bit cloudy but the style of beer probably says it all, do you actually ever CC any of your beers ?I don't bother but each to their own.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Nice looking drop Herr Graubster, I notice it's a bit cloudy but the style of beer probably says it all, do you actually ever CC any of your beers ?I don't bother but each to their own.

HW must be cloudy if you get it right... H = Hefe = Yeast

So a Hefeweizen should be cloudy...  like Coops splendid Sparkling

So I think we are on track @CLASSIC Phil 🥳

• Haha 1